Galapagos Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarhed, great pics... More More More!!!

Thank you for all the kind words, but perhaps it's easier to make good pictures with such amazing subject matter!

If interested, more pics are in my gallery. I'll try to find a few moments to write up a trip report as I have collected many usefull tidbits regarding travel with lots of gear to such places.

Again, thanks for the compliments, they make my day.
John

John, thanks for sharing. What was your most memorable dive site there? Wolf? Ah, can't wait for our Galapagos trip in Oct. Speaking of which, I better start sorting out my flights from Asia... :D

What was your most memorable dive site there? Wolf?

Actually Darwin was the best for our trip which was mostly a function of visibility, buy understand that on any given day, either Wolf or Darwin may have the vis and currents to create the best conditions.

besides, I only saw one whale shark at Wolf, but 2 at Darwin!!!!

Regardless, you will probably return pretty spoiled and average diving that doesn't include hundreds of hammerheads may take a while to get used to...

Take care,
John

Regardless, you will probably return pretty spoiled and average diving that doesn't include hundreds of hammerheads may take a while to get used to...

Take care,
John

ahaha... I know what you mean... Been feeling that way since my Cocos trip last Aug... :wink:

wow, any tips for someone who is going to go take pictures while diving in galapagos this summer?

wow, any tips for someone who is going to go take pictures while diving in galapagos this summer?

A few suggestions:

If your shooting a DSLR, 2 strobes are a a great benifit. Wide angle is a must, I got a lot of use from the Tokina 10-17mm FE and the 12-24mm. Critical for hammerhead schools and the whalesharks.

Also a good midrange like the Nikon 17-35mm on a cropped sensor camera or 17-55mm DX lens is great for reaching out to fill the frame with the shy hammerheads.

Don't forget the macro setup, Cousin's Rock is an awesome macro site with nudibranches, seahorses and awesome black coral.

Other tips: Do camera maintance after the last dive of the day and before the forst evening cocktail.

Bring extra batteries, a good charger and extra strobe cables etc

Carry on everything you can on the airlines. All my luggage made it, but the group before us had none of their luggage.

Also, browse web pages for good galapagos pics to get ideas before heading out, I find it helps me find opertunity to make good pics.

Just a few thoughts,
John

Fabulous pictures! Looking forward to your trip report. We're scheduled on the Aggressor II in September 2008. It's our first trip to the Galapagos. Can't wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom