Galapagos Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Super pics

What was the water temp? What kind of exposure protection did you use? Was it adequate?

TIA

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing

What was the water temp? What kind of exposure protection did you use? Was it adequate?

Water temps were in the low 70's (F) at Wolf and Darwin, I wore a 6.5mm wetsuit, would have been happier with a 5mm there. But around the main islands (cousin's rock and gordon rock) water tems were in the mid 60s and I was very happy with the 6.5mm suit.

Tough gloves are a must, I didn't need them for warmth, but to hold onto the rocks in the very strong current. I got a set of scuba pro 1mm with a leather palm that worked pretty good.

Take care,
John

Literally have just gotten home from a trip on the Aggressor II. I can't tell you how amazing the diving was as well as the Aggressor crew. Not sure diving will ever be the same. Tired after a long day of travel, but I hop to get a trip report up in the next couple of days, complete with pictures. Jarhead's pictures are going to make me dig deep into the 19 gigs of pictures I took to find something to compete.

Cheers.

Literally have just gotten home from a trip on the Aggressor II. I can't tell you how amazing the diving was as well as the Aggressor crew. Not sure diving will ever be the same. Tired after a long day of travel, but I hop to get a trip report up in the next couple of days, complete with pictures. Jarhead's pictures are going to make me dig deep into the 19 gigs of pictures I took to find something to compete.

Cheers.

That's great to hear. We'll be on one of the Aggressors in Oct. Can't wait to see your pics.

Thanks for all the tips! I don't have too fancy of a camera setup-I have a canon powershot A540 with the canon housing. I use a Fantasea tray with a strobe and a flashlight on either end.

With all that in mind, I noticed the macro button on my camera, but do you know if there is something else that I would need to purchase? Do you know if my camera can do wide angle pictures? I am just not sure.....
Thanks for any advice you can offer....
Becky

A few suggestions:

If your shooting a DSLR, 2 strobes are a a great benifit. Wide angle is a must, I got a lot of use from the Tokina 10-17mm FE and the 12-24mm. Critical for hammerhead schools and the whalesharks.

Also a good midrange like the Nikon 17-35mm on a cropped sensor camera or 17-55mm DX lens is great for reaching out to fill the frame with the shy hammerheads.

Don't forget the macro setup, Cousin's Rock is an awesome macro site with nudibranches, seahorses and awesome black coral.

Other tips: Do camera maintance after the last dive of the day and before the forst evening cocktail.

Bring extra batteries, a good charger and extra strobe cables etc

Carry on everything you can on the airlines. All my luggage made it, but the group before us had none of their luggage.

Also, browse web pages for good galapagos pics to get ideas before heading out, I find it helps me find opertunity to make good pics.

Just a few thoughts,
John

Inspirational!!

Amazing pictures!

Thanks & merci!!!

Back
Top Bottom