Galaxy S5 OC1 Petrel-2 DivePal DCbuddy Petrel Log Manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We got Shearwater in the loop and it seems that they might have found an explanation for this "glitch".
What Petrel do you have? 1 or 2?
What firmware revision?
Petrel 2, V28, HW 2.4.0

.... Petrel Log Manager cannot find the Petrel.
Direct attempt to pair the Petrel to the Galaxy S5 gave: BT INIT FAIL message....
A bit of progress on this one.
We did find out that the current version of the Petrel 2 FW has some BT issues with some Android smartphones.
This has been verified and confirmed by Shearwater too. They provided us a new version of the Petrel 2 FW that seems to be fixing the problem.
I guess next step will be for Shearwater to release a new version of FW.

A bit of progress on this one.
We did find out that the current version of the Petrel 2 FW has some BT issues with some Android smartphones.
This has been verified and confirmed by Shearwater too. They provided us a new version of the Petrel 2 FW that seems to be fixing the problem.
I guess next step will be for Shearwater to release a new version of FW.
Appreciate your help, Alberto.
Standing by....

Still standing by.....

Nothing yet from Shearwater, but meanwhile I have ungraded my Galaxy S5 to Lollipop, 5.0.
It now seems my Petrel 2 talks just fine to my S5.
How do I move the downloads as a bulk move into DivePal, or must I do it one-by-one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom