Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have you guys ever used it. my shop just got one and I just wanted to hear about some others responses to it

Saw it at my LDS yesterday. Looks pretty good. They don't have a demo to dive.

What is so good about it?
A quick comparison would be great.

What is so good about it?
A quick comparison would be great.

I haven't dove one, but I've played with the one we got in this week. It's super intuitive (more so than a Perdix, which is saying something). Really nice looking screen, more compact than the Sol or Luna--it's about the size of an Aladin Square. Not trying to sway anyone, and I love Shearwater, but I've actually been impressed with what I've seen out of the box.

I am drooling over this, but have a question. This has a new algorithm, the ZHL-16 with trimix. My understanding was the trimix "upgrade" for my Sol, which seems to be the same algorithm, would have made my computer significantly more conservative for recreational diving. So, I never upgraded.

I am highly satisfied with the standard algorithm in the Sol, even over a week of repetitive diving in places like Bonaire (3-4 dives per day).

If the G2 is more conservative that is a deal breaker for me.

Can Scubapro weigh in on this.

Or, since there are already users out there, have you dove it alongside your Galileos and made a comparison?

I am drooling over this, but have a question. This has a new algorithm, the ZHL-16 with trimix. My understanding was the trimix "upgrade" for my Sol, which seems to be the same algorithm, would have made my computer significantly more conservative for recreational diving. So, I never upgraded.

I am highly satisfied with the standard algorithm in the Sol, even over a week of repetitive diving in places like Bonaire (3-4 dives per day).

If the G2 is more conservative that is a deal breaker for me.

Can Scubapro weigh in on this.

Or, since there are already users out there, have you dove it alongside your Galileos and made a comparison?

An easy start would be to simply to run the planner on a few mixes (air, 32, 36) and check the NDLs when the Sol or Luna and the G2 computers are on the same equivalent settings (microbubble zero). These will either be the same or not. Of course, this does not answer the question of how the 2 algorithms perform on multiple dives, this would have to be done diving, or in a hyperbaric chamber, like the ScubaLab computer tests. Some brands list baseline NDLs in the owner's manual, Oceanic, for example, this is not the case with Scubapro

Since this is the Scubapro forum, what ever happened to the Seabear/Scubapro H3, running Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF?

The planner is a good idea. Maybe one of the lucky new owners will do that and give the results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom