Galileo G2 too short NDL on 2° dive???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be in the Solomon Islands next month on a liv-aboard for two weeks doing a lot of diving. I will be using my G2, Galileo Sol & M2. I will be closely monitoring the dive computers looking for differences in NDL, when I'm not enjoying the incredible marine life.

Any feedback on the NDL issue or are you still enjoying that incredible trip!

Thanks

I'm morbidly curious about the G2 results as it's Scubapro's chance to get a tech computer right.

I participated in the trimix Beta for Scubapro's original PMG on the Sol and Luna, and found that it was ridiculously conservative - to the point it was not practical to use it along side another computer, or in a team with other computers.

I sold my Luna as I now dive mostly CCR and it had utility for me. But I did recently try an M2 in CCR mode along side my Petrel computers, and it wasn't bad on nitrox depth deco dives. It was quite close to the Shearwaters after the first dive of the day and only had 2-4 more minute of deco on the second dive of the day, which was within the 5 minutes we normally pad the 20 ft stop with anyway. We had OC team mates on the dives so it still remains to be seen how well it does on a 4-5 hour nitrox depth dive, and how well it performs on a normoxic trimix dive.

I’m on my way back from Cozumel and did several dives with my G2 and Aladin Tec G3 as a backup, so I had a chance to compare the two. The Aladin uses the 8 compartment model of the Galileos and the G2 the newer 16 compartment model. I dove both with MB set to 2, and the G2 had PDIS turned on while the Aladin PDIS I set to off.

The two computers tracked very close, the Aladin slightly more liberal but not significant. Recall that the G2 has 9 MB levels while the Aladin has 5. When I had level stops they were identical except that the G2 showed a longer Total Ascent Time, because in the G2 they slowed the ascent rate.

Overal I found nothing worrying about the readings of the G2 and was similar to the Aladin which uses the algorithm of the older Galileos.

Last edited:
Hi @Hatul

Thanks for the information. I'd still like to see someone dive the ZH-L8 and 16 ADT side by side at an MB 0 and PDIS off, to get the best idea of how the native algorithms run

The G2 had 2/9, 22% MB, whereas the Aladin Tec 3G had 2/5, 40% MB

I'm back from the Solomon Islands. I had the Galileo Sol set on Lo with the PDIS on, the G2 set on Lo with the PDIS off. I was doing 4 dives a day. The profiles were deeper muli-level dives.

The No Stop times were within minutes of each other if not the same. I was always wearing the new heartrate belt and had both computers set to HR on.

I will post more info.

I'm morbidly curious about the G2 results as it's Scubapro's chance to get a tech computer right.

I participated in the trimix Beta for Scubapro's original PMG on the Sol and Luna, and found that it was ridiculously conservative - to the point it was not practical to use it along side another computer, or in a team with other computers.

I sold my Luna as I now dive mostly CCR and it had utility for me. But I did recently try an M2 in CCR mode along side my Petrel computers, and it wasn't bad on nitrox depth deco dives. It was quite close to the Shearwaters after the first dive of the day and only had 2-4 more minute of deco on the second dive of the day, which was within the 5 minutes we normally pad the 20 ft stop with anyway. We had OC team mates on the dives so it still remains to be seen how well it does on a 4-5 hour nitrox depth dive, and how well it performs on a normoxic trimix dive.
Was it PMG or PDIS?

On a different issue my HR monitor stopped working sometime after a few dives in Coz. I suspect it's a dead battery and will look into it when I get time.

Was it PMG or PDIS?

PDIS is Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops. Since the Galileo series is based on the Buhlmann model there are no deep stops. You can turn the PDIS on and it will recommend a deep stop, based on pressure, not half the depth. If you miss the deep stop the computer will not "punish" you by locking up after the dive.

PDIS is Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops. Since the Galileo series is based on the Buhlmann model there are no deep stops. You can turn the PDIS on and it will recommend a deep stop, based on pressure, not half the depth. If you miss the deep stop the computer will not "punish" you by locking up after the dive.
Thanks for the info, but my question was in regards to DA's post. I believe he may have meant PDIS instead of PMG. Just trying to get a clarification from him.

Back
Top Bottom