Galileo Luna firmware 2.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Ruberg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi guys,

I have upgraded my Luna to firmware 2.1. I have the PMG upgrade and I used to have the Trimix upgrade too. Now with 2.1 I seem to have lost the Trimix feature.

I guess the trick will be to downgrade to 1.7 and re-install the Trimix upgrade but I cannot find the 1.7 firmware, only the 1.6 file on the SP website.

There is a great big warning that downgrading to 1.6 will brick the computer.

Any help?
Thanks,
Nick

Perhaps you need to reinstall the trimix code after the 2.1 firmware. In essence the 2.1 upgrade is like a "downgrade" for the trimix. For example, say a diver had firmware 1.5 on his unit and never installed any upgrade until 2.1. After the 2.1 upgrade he decided to install the trimix code for the first time. Say he didn't like it for some reason and decided to "downgrade." He would just reinstall 2.1 which would wipe out the trimix code. But as per the Scubapro warning he should not try and downgrade to anything below 1.7 or in this example 1.5.

Hi everyone,
I'm a little confused (which is normal for me). I want to update my Luna and the computer info says I have HW Version 1.4 and SW Version 2.0. I guess what I'm asking is this the latest? If not I'm not sure which upgrade to download from Scubapro.

It installs the firmware. Or if you have SmartTrak installed you can go into Options/Galileo Setup and install the firmware from there. Its actually the same software module as the config you are asking about. The newer Scubapro dive log software called LogTrak, doesn't have this function; hence the separate config executable. The attachment should help you.

Attachments

• readme.pdf
    551.4 KB · Views: 436
Alright, I updated the Luna. I got an error code 6 but SW was successful. According to the instructions if this happens unscrew the battery cap until the code disappears which i did and it did. Now...the Luna won't even power up. Any ideas?

So i don't need to upgrade to HW 1.6 from 1.4 unless I want to use Logtrak correct?

You can use Logtrak now. Its an updated version (actually a rewrite) to SmartTrak but I noticed some users post complaints about it since it lacked the detail functions of SmartTrak.
Smart Trak to Logtrak import

As far as I know, there is no HW upgrade. I think you are confusing the previous 1.6 SW upgrade. Don't quote me on this but I think HW stands for Hardware and SW stands for Software. The galileos have been in production for 10 years so over time they probably used different internal hardware components and reflected the change in the HW version. If they ever had a problem with the computers, they could identify those by their HW number as well as their serial number which includes the date of manufacture. Again, I'm just making a logical assumption.

I hope this helps clarify.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom