Galileo Luna keeps pairing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Ruberg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
for many dives my Luna has worked without any intervention. About 10 dives ago it started wanting to pair approximately every other dive. When I turn it on and then turn my air on it displays the pairing menu. I choose T1 and save and all is well.

It it never used to do this and I thought that once paired it would keep the setting. Everything works well during the dive and the transmitter is OK, but every now and then it wants to pair.

any explanations? It does not complain of a weak battery and is only about 7 months old with a total of about 60 dives.

thanks,
nick

I would at least start by checking for any water intrusion and cleaning the battery contacts in the transmitter and in the computer, and certainly replace the batteries with a fresh set in both. You might also consider performing a master reset of the unit and/or confirm your firmware revision is current as well. Beyond that, you can give Scubapro a call to get their take on the issue if it continues. The US number is: 800-467-2822 / 619-402-1023. They may be able to provide an alternate contact for your market if you do not already have one.

I remember when I got the transmitter replaced on my Luna; the unit and battery were brand new and worked perfectly, until the day of my first dive since getting it back from Scubapro. I turned it on and immediately got a low transmitter battery warning and it would not pair with the computer. I reseated both batteries and it started working again; they were replaced with a fresh set when I got back to shore. I haven't had a problem with it since. The bottom line is something like this could easily be just poor contact and/or a flakey battery, despite there being no other indicators or errors.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom