Galileo Luna Transmitter Pairing Problem "HELP"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Eady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a brand NEW Luna and cannot seem to get it to pair with the transmitter. I also have one that is about 1 1/2 year old and have never had this issue. When we try to pair it up all we get under the psi is -----. I bought it off a guy who never used it once, It is brand new, even checked the battery in the transmitter and it is good. Any help would be great, we are leaving for Maui in 3 days and do not have time to send it in. Just hoping im doing something wrong.

Thank you

First thing is to make sure there is no air pressure on the transmitter. If you have to release the pressure on the transmitter, wait one minute for the transmitter to reset itself into pairing mode. Have the wrist module nest to the transmitter. Turn on the air to the transmitter. Turn on the wrist unit. Touch the wrist unit to the transmitter. Wait for it to pair with the transmitter. It may take up 30 seconds. Once it is paired, you can shut it off and release the air from the transmitter.

If this doesn't work, it is beyond my capabilities. I have a Sol and have an extra transmitter on my wife's regulator so I can monitor her air. I have no trouble pairing all the units using this method.

I have a brand NEW Luna and cannot seem to get it to pair with the transmitter. I also have one that is about 1 1/2 year old and have never had this issue. When we try to pair it up all we get under the psi is -----. I bought it off a guy who never used it once, It is brand new, even checked the battery in the transmitter and it is good. Any help would be great, we are leaving for Maui in 3 days and do not have time to send it in. Just hoping im doing something wrong.

Thank you

AFAIK, the wrist unit has to actually touch the transmitter to pair it.

• Turn off the tank
  • Purge the reg to release all the pressure
  • Wait for the wrist unit to turn off
  • Hold the wrist unit against the transmitter
  • Turn the wrist unit on
  • Open the tank valve
  • It should pair within a few seconds.

If not, I'd make sure the transmitter battery is good and installed correctly. Otherwise, they both need to go back to the factory.

flots

Jules

THANK YOU for the quick responce and phone call, It is very much appreciated. Looks like the transmitter is not working, so we will send it in when we get back from our trip.

Thanks Again
Steve Eady

i had the same issue with a second transmitter. i had to delete all the pairings from the computer with the smart trac software. then turn on the computer touch it to the transmitter an open the tank valve and it has worked fine since. but i also have a 1.5 inch hog gauge that is attached to the regs and tucked away in a pocket just in case. gauge and braided hp hose was like $100 really like the black face gauge.

Would like to share this just in case someone still encounters problem pairing or signal loss with the Galileo Luna. Got two sets recently and used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. One set paired instantly but the other pair refused. The pairing has been done as instructed in the manual:
- Mount the first-stage regulator with the Smart transmitter on a full tank.
- Turn on Galileo, ensure it is in the time of day display and place it in direct contact with the transmitter.
- Open the tank valve.
Upon pressurization, the Smart transmitter sends a pairing sequence to Galileo.

The procedure will not work for one of the sets. After struggling for sometime, decided to open the transmitter to check the battery. Battery is fine. However, noticed that the ferrite antenna (black cylindrical component) is facing backward with the battery facing outward on this particular transmitter. Re-positioned the transmitter so that the ferrite antenna is facing outward. After this, the set paired instantly.

Have also checked and made sure that the transmitters on both sets are facing outward. Did not experience any signal loss in any of the 12 dives. The large number of people experiencing signal drop may also be due to this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom