Galileo strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent this file to a vendor on 3dhubs that did vinyl printing and got this in a couple of days. It was a bit more expensive than guruboy's vendor, but its quite a nice finish. Ran around $25 for the pair. Sculpteo America's Hub was the vendor if anyone is looking. There were quite a few that were offering in vinyl, I didnt look at all of the vendors, but some of the ones i did look at were offering lower resolution printers.

9XFG7Ro.jpg

M1aixyQ.jpg

Found it local for pretty cheap. It has a $4 setup fee so I went ahead and ordered 20 of the bungee mounts in ABS (PETG was 4x the price).

If anyone else wants some, PM me.

how did the ABS turn out? and how much to mail me 2 sets? 1 for me one for the wife...

Seemed pretty good. I put it in an acetone bath to smooth it out.

I'm out of brackets for now though.

Seemed pretty good. I put it in an acetone bath to smooth it out.

I'm out of brackets for now though.
I dont disagree, and if I found a vendor anywhere near your price I probably would have jumped on that instead, however for me shipping killed most of the lower cost vendors and this one ended up being about $10 more ($15 vs $25) when all said and done so I figured what the hell, I'll give it a shot and see what the print difference was. Figured I would share the results. I am not complaining about spending $25 for a pair of these brackets given that they are nearly production quality in finish(although if you had any more on hand I would have preferred yours at that price)

what kind of resolution are you looking at? looking at using fiberglass reinforced nylon at about $12 a pair. 100 micron
If I print them I will print 10 pair keep 3 pair and sell the rest.

If you do not have access to a 3d printer but want the items made, who is recommended? Someone mentioned 3dhub.com but I do not see anywhere to even try to find a vendor on their website.

If you do not have access to a 3d printer but want the items made, who is recommended? Someone mentioned 3dhub.com but I do not see anywhere to even try to find a vendor on their website.
try this: 3D Hubs | On-demand Manufacturing: Quotes in Seconds, Parts in Days there's an S on the word hubs.

You have to upload the design file to them, and they hook you up with a particular 3d printer shop (or some guy) that can print the part you specified in the material you specified. If you specify more exotic matierial like carbon fiber then that will limit the number of "hubs" that can fulfil the job for you.

I had some of the bungee straps printed, but later replaced my Galileo with a Ratio ix3m.

I just looked up my order, it cost me a whopping USD $1.06 to have the Galileo bungee mount printed on 3dhubs.... well plus shipping and some kind of fee.. okay so it cost me $10.06 altogether. Still I thought it was a good deal.

I have my own printer now (recent acquisition). Sorry but I don't want to get into making stuff for others just yet.

Sorry to revive an old dead thread, but the drive link @RickPeck shared is no longer valid. Someone recently asked me about it, so here's another copy of the file.

Attachments

• 1-2x-galileo_strap_bungee-original.stl
    447.3 KB · Views: 76

Back
Top Bottom