Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rumour is you could actually aim it very carefully at the IR eye back when Macs had IR eyes, and had it work over your lunch plate without the horrible cradle on the dreaded wire getting tangled up in your spaghetti...

Or just order a fiber optic cable sandwich for lunch.

Screenshot_20201005-090411.jpg
Screenshot_20201005-090339.jpg

So looks like a Teric and a transmitter costs just a little less than the AI MK2 alone
But then you are getting a fully functional sports watch with a lot more features than the Teric. Given the Mk2 is probably based on the fenix 6 with a RRP of around $600, you are basically getting that and a dive computer.

The kicker for me is the transmitters are not compatible with other brands. If they supported PPS transmitters, I'd probably happily pay that price.

But then you are getting a fully functional sports watch with a lot more features than the Teric. Given the Mk2 is probably based on the fenix 6 with a RRP of around $600, you are basically getting that and a dive computer.

That also means you are putting more battery cycles on your dive computer's rechargeable battery, and using it throughout the day lowering the battery available for diving.

Personally I prefer to have a separate smart watch as that not only avoids wear and tear on my dive computers (which already look bad due to cave scars), but you can pick and chose the smart watch that works better for you. Like I prefer Wear OS so I've been using the new Suunto watch after my Polar watch started dying.

Personally I prefer to have a separate smart watch as that not only avoids wear and tear on my dive computers (which already look bad due to cave scars), but you can pick and chose the smart watch that works better for you. Like I prefer Wear OS so I've been using the new Suunto watch after my Polar watch started dying.
Then there's no point getting a Teric if you aren't going to wear it as a watch. Cheaper to get a Perdix and only use it for diving.

Then there's no point getting a Teric if you aren't going to wear it as a watch. Cheaper to get a Perdix and only use it for diving.

I like the smaller size, I have short T-rex arms so two Perdixs would take up more arm real estate, and is less obvious that I am wearing two when I am among rec divers. Also I like the rechargeable battery, I always have a full battery before each dive day. Finally the recharging method is the Qi standard so I use my phone charger, so no special cable to forget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom