Garmin Descent MK2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That also means you are putting more battery cycles on your dive computer's rechargeable battery, and using it throughout the day lowering the battery available for diving.
I typically only have to charge my Mk1 for about an hour twice per week, usually Monday after a weekend of diving and Friday after a week of running/walking/daily activities and so it is ready for diving on the weekend.

I've had the current device for 22 months (my first one was replaced when one of the buttons failed). That's close to 100 battery cycles with no noticeable degradation in battery life.

The other thing I should have added is that I like to count my steps with a goal of doing 10,000 per day. Before I got my Mk1 I had a separate activity tracker/sports watch. I couldn't take it diving and so would "lose" up to 2,000 steps for many of my shore dives. Having the Mk1 do that for me means I get a more representative count. I'm not suggesting everyone cares about this sort of thing, but for those that do, the Mk1 (and Mk2 when released) is a big advantage.

But, you can also have it where N and your Mark both float around the rim of the display, so you can always see them, and without losing any of the other data fields on the screen.
That would be nice - I do hate losing my AI information when using the compass. I don't care so much at the start of my dive (which is when I used the compass most often) but it is a little frustrating to lose it at the end of the dive when knowing my remaining air and SAC is more important. I typically use the compass on the Mk1 at the end of the dive so for me it is not a huge problem.

No point? The Teric has a very cool compass that the Perdix doesn’t. It also has a really nice OLED screen, versus the LCD in the Perdix. 4 buttons makes navigating the menus easier. And, for some of us, the smaller form factor alone is worth the extra money.

Other than that, yeah. May as well save some money and buy a brick, uhh, I mean Perdix. :wink:
I have been having a problem with the battery in my Perdix. Should I return it for repair? ...or just replace the AA.

I have been having a problem with the battery in my Perdix. Should I return it for repair? ...or just replace the AA.
What kind of "problem"?

LOL! If your AA starts running down rapidly while your Perdix is sitting unused, then you should probably send the Perdix in for repair.

What kind of "problem"?

I think that was a joke/dig. I had to send both my Terics in for battery problems... I never missed a dive because of it. Never was unable to use either Teric. The battery problem was only that they discharged faster than they should when stored.

I am trying to understand what they changed; it's a hard task, since I use just the most basic fatures of the mk1 and I do not know the watch very well.

So basically the differences are:
- air integration (but you can have it even without)
- saturation oxygen sensor (to see if it works... I don't know why, wrist heart monitors have never worked on me)
- navigation features
- ...?

From a diving perspective, it seems to me that the differences are not that much. I am wondering whether they changed the position of the temperature sensor, which was affected by body temperature because of its location

As a multi functional watch, I think I covers almost everything, and I think this is what the intention could be.

A everyday (dive)watch, with all sports training capabilities, music storage, Garmin pay. Navigation ect.

This is a watch, and not only a dive computer. So if you are already covered, this might not be for you.

Anyways I'm in, when it comes to Denmark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom