• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Garmin Descent MK2

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by Peter Bomberg, Dec 30, 2019.

1. vjb.knife1

vjb.knife1 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    I was kind of joking that you had to dive in cold water. I worked as a commercial diver in my early days and it has made me never want to get in cold water again and I won't. I have some very thin wetsuits that I will wear in the fridgid Hawaiian waters, but that is it.

2. ATJ

ATJ Barracuda

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    It is based on the same back end but the data is not always the same.

For example, if I use the Garmin Dive app and set the SAC for a dive to 1.1 bar/min. When I look at it in Garmin Connect the SAC shows as 1 bar/min (which is meaningless).

3. ATJ

ATJ Barracuda

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    My point is that the bottom "bundle" isn't listed as a bundle. It's name is identical to the first.

It was not clear what you get if you purchased "Descent Mk2i Titanium Carbon Grey DLC with Black Band"

Anyway, I suspect it was an error as it has now been updated to only include the base Mk2i.

4. Jacobyz

Jacobyz Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I ordered the MK2i, today (shipped and scheduled for delivery Monday). Can confirm the Titanium band is extra. Also, at least direct from Garmin, the transmitters are not available until December. The transmitters utilize sonar technology, as opposed to RF signals on most others; so not compatible.

HBSQ1 likes this.
  5. j0rd1

j0rd1 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Same situation here. If is compatible, I'm buying one, otherwise will pass.

6. ginti

ginti DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    ah ok... working too much in these days, I am tired and I don't get jokes :rolleyes::D

7. waterone

waterone Nassau Grouper

Its not going to compatable.

--The Descent™ Mk2i dive computer can be used with a paired Descent T1 transmitter to view tank pressure, estimated air time remaining, and estimated gas consumption. You can also view the tank pressure and battery status for up to four other divers in your group.

8. waterone

waterone Nassau Grouper

9. vjb.knife1

vjb.knife1 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Thanks for posting that video. It sounds like it does everything any recreational diver would need and a lot more. I don't use any type of air integration now but this makes it easier than buying a diving computer that does nothing but diving. I might even consider getting one, but would probably not use a lot of the upgraded features. Who knows it might be fun to play with.

10. Divetech Cayman

Divetech Cayman Barracuda