Garmin eTrex Vista Cx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Has anyone had any bad experiences with this GPS unit? I was reading about 50+ reviews on Amazon and the majority really like the unit (at least they did 8 years ago).

What do you want to use it for?

I have an eTrex Vista (B&W) from 2001 and eTrex 30 from 2011, both of which are used as hiking GPS and bike computers, for which they are fine, but I wouldn't want to use them on a moving power boat to try and find a dive site. The screen is way too small (my boat has a Garmin GPSMAP 162).

Chuck

Thanks...the one I am interested in buying already has the dive/wreck waypoints for the Kwajalein Atoll loaded and some sort of underwater topo of the Pacific. He said that the Kwaj maps are fair, but the Hawaii maps are very detailed. I am fairly new to the islands here and I heard that our boats have really small screens also. I think before I buy it I will test run it on a boat dive this weekend.

Thanks for the input.

~Oldbear~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom