Gary D.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yay gary! i hope you have some great dives.

get a copy of the latest 'dive training' - great article on public safety diving in it...

Thanks for the heads up. I picked it up today and it was sitting right here in front of me. I just read it and it was a good article.

12 :chicken:

Gary (closer to getting wet) D.

11:dancingsnoopy:

Gary (even closer) D.

10:yeahbaby:

OK, I'm going to bed so the 10 pass by faster. :D

Did you see that we have our own PSD Simle. :toilet

Gary (feeling damp) D.

2 About ready to head out the door to GET WET!

The poor FNG on the team doesn't have a clue he is going to be my Sherpa today. :D

Bad night last night so we'll see how it does today.

GETTING WET SOON

Gary (very damp) D.

Gary,

I dived Tuesday where you're diving today. So here's the conditions: Water temp 39 degrees. Vis shallow 15', below 40' only about 8'.

Let's get a report as soon as you get back! (BTW, looking forward to the dive tomorrow with you guys :eyebrow:)

I GOT FREEKIN DRYBut my suit got good and wet!!!!!!!

All but two made it to training. One had another detail and one is in Hawaii which I thought was a lame excuse. Who would turn down piss poor vis with 39 degree water and snowing to go to Hawaii? There is just no dedication ant more.

I wasn’t doing very well because the PT about killed me yesterday and I only got two hours sleep last night. My arm was still hurting and was swelled up a bit.

After some gear issuing at marine (we spent over two grand yesterday at the LDS) we headed for the lake. I buddy up with the team leader who is the Marine Sgt. He’s a new diver and was out for the first time in a new set of gear. I’ll cut him some slack but we got a few good laughs out of it.

We did a beach entry and swam out to the Bonita which was one of the old late 1800 vintage Steamboats. She is shallow with her bow at about 12’ and her stern around 40’. But prior to the swim Marine Sgt. says my new suit is leaking. I say nfw is your suit leaking. So walk back up the beach and one of the tenders takes a look. Hummmm, well if you use that zipper thingie the suit will quit leaking. Leaving a 1” gap can get the boys a bit chilled. :D

We do the hundred yard or so swim and play around the hull for half an hour. I didn’t see any fish which was a first on the wreck. The arm felt great with no ache or pain at all.

We get packed up and go back to marine then to the traditional Mexican lunch. On the way to lunch the aching started again. It was nice for the hour it didn’t.

After lunch the team headed to Spokane for a tour of the recompression chambers. I had prior details that I couldn’t get out of so I stayed back.

That’s about it in a nut shell except the betting that went on. The doc told me to dive shallow but didn’t define shallow. So Lane B tells me 1 atmos. Yea right. I did plan on staying shallow because I didn’t know how the arm would react. Well Lane B and one of the Marine Deputies make a $10 bet. Lane B said I’d go over it and he said I wouldn’t. Well I did 20 feet twice which actually meant 40’. THAT’S SHALLOW.

So now that the arm got better at 40’ for around an hour it’s time for a deep test. I need to get it calmed down first then maybe I’ll try it again in a few days. Man it felt good to get wet.
It’s not 7pm yet but I’m flippin beat and headed for bed.

Did I mention I got to get wet today? Hehehehehe :D

Oh yea, 39df and a good 15’ of vis. I didn’t care, I just wanted wet.

Gary D. :D

Hum... 1 ATM means you stay topside! :D

You’re thinking the low humidity 1 atm. I went to the high humidity 1 atm. :D

Gary D.

Gary:

Glad to hear you are back at diving! I know that it had to be challenging for you to stay away for as long as you did. Been there, done that and it is no fun when you simply can't.

Take care of yourself and DON'T over do it! Consider short term versus long term.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom