Gauge removal from ScubaPro console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neal M

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need some help with how to remove a depth gauge from a ScubaPro triple console. Do they just push out from the back? Or is there a method to split the console.

Thanks in advance,

I would call hot water an essential rather than a plus. Often it is easier to pop out the SPG first to give you better access to the middle slot.

I would call hot water an essential rather than a plus. Often it is easier to pop out the SPG first to give you better access to the middle slot.

Yes and don't be a dumb azz and use a screw driver to pry out the oil filled depth gauge that has a delicate rubber rear seal.. don't ask how i learn these things.

How old of a console are we talking about? Some of the older SP consoles have hardware that holds the top and bottom halves of the unit together. I'm pretty sure you would have noticed this; just making sure.

An alternative to hot water is a hair dryer. Direct the heat on the rubber rather than on the gauges. First heat the area around the SPG and remove it. Then what ever gauge is on the other end, last the gauge in the center. Patience is the key.

After you've gone through the pain and frustration of salvaging the console-discard it. :)

Back
Top Bottom