Gavin Scooter DPV tube wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FiddlerOnTheRoof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi everyone,

You're going to call me crazy... But back in the early 90's when Irvine and his clan came out with the Gavin scooter I was fascinated by it and always wanted one. But at the time I was just starting my married life, new father and all the expenses that come with it, and so I could not afford to buy one... So when I came across this one recently with some interesting WKPP stories attached and even someones name (METIS) on it from that group... I decided to buy it. I paid $1000 and it runs fine. Except for the crack now.. I had it shipped from Florida and during the shipping the tube got cracked right from one of the latch screws.

So now the problem is that I live in Connecticut and I'm having a hard time locating a used or new tube to replace the broken one. Anyone have an extra one?

I'm also trying to see if I can find someone or a company that supplies big PVC pipes because George and his partners had to buy it somewhere??? It is white so it must be PVC...

Anyway, I'm very sad... I was really looking forward to taking it for a ride...

Any help or ideas are welcomed!!

Peter

Attachments

• IMG_1358[1].JPG
    IMG_1358[1].JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1360[1].JPG
    IMG_1360[1].JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 298
He can always contact George. He's very good about getting back to people on repair of Gavins. Good thing you didn't break the original grey nose cone. Those were made from a solid piece of PVC and when you break those - you're talking $$$$.

Back in the day - used my Gavin for everything. Took it down to 220-240 on some NE wrecks way back when. Getting a standard back on top of a bucking boat was always an adventure. Best with your Gavin.

He can always contact George. He's very good about getting back to people on repair of Gavins. Good thing you didn't break the original grey nose cone. Those were made from a solid piece of PVC and when you break those - you're talking $$$$.

Back in the day - used my Gavin for everything. Took it down to 220-240 on some NE wrecks way back when. Getting a standard back on top of a bucking boat was always an adventure. Best with your Gavin.

I've contacted George or 'Trey" via his phone numerous times from the website and never got a reply from him!
I think he's given up on the scooters.

Bummer. I guess since he retired from the WKPP...too busy doing other stuff. I wonder if Cratos here on SB has any leads.

Get some 10'' PVC and have a shop cut it to size on a lathe. 1/64'' is the tolerance for the sealing surfaces.

I've had a few tubes cut down, its like 25 or 50 bucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom