• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Gay colours?

Discussion in 'LGBTQIA and Friends perspectives' started by Subcooled, Sep 30, 2019.

1. ScubaWithTurk

ScubaWithTurk Bubble Blowing Buddha

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I love laughing at myself and making others laugh by being ridiculous. In the summer here I would have customers asking me to wear my "special" leggings. They have a unicorn on one leg and a T-Rex robot shooting lasers out of it's eyes. They are a big hit and can be seen in the attached image below.

I even have stated many times I want a custom drysuit that is rainbow colored with unicorns just to make people wonder LOL.

This is perfect!

Attached Files:

Neilwood, DBPacific, Marie13 and 2 others like this.
  2. KWS

KWS ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    WELL PUT, let me add that those the use PC cant be so uneducated to think that there is a difference between short and height deficient. virtically challenged and other terms. I thin world of insincerity the use of one name in place of another makes no difference. bottom line if yare virtically challenged you are a short person. or if you are called virtically challenged then you are a midget. they may be poor examples but a rose is a rose and even for the WOKE people they no longer can speek because the words will still offend someone because the receivers of the words do not know your use intent SO THEY THINK THE WORSE and retaliate. PC has become a game a ball is a corner deprived thing. Some cant find the mockery in the game and others that dont play the game become the the vilians because they still use the word ball. and now te4h offence is not that you hurt any one but because youare not playing their game.

3. KWS

you are terrible when it comes to readng people. You still havn' figured it out and still you just posted what is being said.

4. Heka

Heka Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    No, i wouldn't say that is common.
    I have yellow fins, green computer, red drysuit, yellow cylinders and mark and tie all of my boltsnaps with green line and haven't been called out for them. I do look like diving bazaar but who cares it makes identifying my stuff onland easier and i'm more visible in the water.
    Actually there are quite a lot of tech quys using colorful fins and such. If you think about all the gear that you'll see trough out the year black seems to be the goto color, but mostly all tech gear and drysuits come in black (or getting colorful gear is a added cost)

drrich2 and chillyinCanada like this.
  5. KWS

It is the wording use or manipulation that says,,,,that it is implied that if you are one then you are the other which is normally true in one direction but not the other. such as a tornado is violent weather but violent weather is not necessarily a tornado. in one direction it is proof of the other but the other direction it its an example of the other. So specifically to the comment if you are a basher you are an anti gay. but if you are anti gay that dies not mean you are a basher or a threat to any society. Those that are good at manipulating words use that skill to to manipulate people into believing that one always means the other. those that refuse to be manipulated are now enemies of some sort instead of just those of a different opinion.

The discord is there in the last 14 pages it is discord , no matter what level, that should not be there at all if the primary parties would have engaged in this conversation themselves instead of shifting it to the table of world opinion where nothing will change the igniting event or those that lit the initial fire. The topic is a flamable topic, it raised guards and normally brings out (un intended) what always APPEARS to be the worst in everyone or generates the worst comments about everyone. Some how normal comments are twisted into declarations of war. Here is an example: In light with this topic. DO YOU SUPPORT TRANS SPORTS? If you say yes you are labeled if you say no you are labeled. IF YOU SAY NOTHING YOU ARE LABELED. Silence is a position. If this was an election discussion then I could use the example of: IF YOU STAY HOME ON ELECTION DAY AND DONT VOTE FOR OUR GUY YOU ARE THEN VOTING FOR THE OTHER GUY with the added SHAME ON YOU. Silent labels are fine but when the labels turn into PHYSICAL bahaviors not conversations ,,, it goes too far and that is the problem with short answers or answers that do not fully articulate ones thoughts. When someone says it is a simple yes or no answer then it is not a simple yes or no one. it is a question formatted to use a simple yes or no answer as a lead in to more augument. Again our world has become too complicated for simple answers.

the morals thing is IE if you are religous guided there is NO LEARNING THAT can EVER take place that WILL ALLOW one TO ABANDON YOU PRIMARY CORE BELIEFS. SUCH AS alter their religous morals on say,,,abortion. In that case the word learning refers to a conversion process to change ones opinion and not enlighten. Society today is no longer satisfied with just acceptance. it gets them nothing,,,,,,,,, they now demand approval and reward and support to propagate. I dont know of an agenda that on the surface did not start as an honorable one. Its always the sub surface and its future application of the agenda that becomes intrusive. It always gets worse over time as one generation tries to out do the other. It is human nature for many to reject it.

6. KWS

As long as you are prepared to handle the responses to the suit there is no problem In the past if you wore a jacket or a car sticker with a pot leaf on it and you get stopped and searched you cant blame it all on the cop.

7. DBPacific

DBPacific Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    ….not where I was going with that at all but alright. I give up on this conversation. I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my night.

chillyinCanada and Jay like this.
  8. Stoo

Stoo NAUI Instructor

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Traditionally black rubber products were supposedly more durable. The implication was that the addition of colour dyes into the rubber somehow made it less durable. I wore rubber Viking drysuits for decades. They came in black and red and I had both, although most were black. That had to do more with the red fading.

Similarly, I have a Zodiac Hurricane... grey on grey hypalon tubes. They look pretty much like they did when I bought the boat. On the other hand, the local Coasties have always had orange ones. After a very few years, the orange fades to a kind of lame pastel colour, which also shows dirt like crazy.

I'm not a rubberologist, so I don't know if there is any truth to the weakness argument, but I suspect there's something to it. Tires are always black. Why don't they make funky red ones...?

chillyinCanada likes this.
  9. Storker

Storker Divemaster

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Why not just follow the "live and let live" principle? As long as no-one gets hurt (without explicit and competent consent)?

You (general "you") have to be seriously bigoted to become inflamed by that.

DBPacific likes this.
  10. KWS

OK let me say this . My comments are an explanation of how tings progress. a leads to b leads to c etc. They are not the explanation for purpose of insight of myself. You continue to attempt to make that association, the grass is green and there for so am I......and it is not a true association. Peoples behavior in general is not by default my or any one individuals behavior. General behavior,,, when it is not same as yours,,,,,still has to be considered in play so long as you have to exist and function within the general public. It is quite often the wiser choice to avoid a conflict than to fuel it through engagement. This discussion IMO failed to resolve any issues but instead. created more problems. This discussion should have been if anything a contribution of ideas to help the initial poster to both understand the factors that caused the incident and how deal with those aspects that can be dealt with and put things behind them to move on. It has failed.