• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Gay colours?

Discussion in 'LGBTQIA and Friends perspectives' started by Subcooled, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Jay

Jay Need to dive more!

# of Dives: 100 - 199

2. Valyngar

Valyngar Nassau Grouper

I hope they would make more stuff in orange for high visibility, fins (diverite xt's). Black looks cool but you easily lose your buddy in 3 meter visibility.

3. ScubaWithTurk

ScubaWithTurk Bubble Blowing Buddha

# of Dives: 200 - 499

There is nothing I can't handle. People can say whatever they want. I am very comfortable in who I am. I am a straight man who just doesn't care what others think about what I wear.

KWS likes this.
  4. KWS

KWS ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I agree DUI has been making rescue suits in orange for along time for that purpose.

5. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada Solo Diver Staff Member

I disagree. The OP was answered long ago and so the thread did not fail.

DBPacific likes this.
  6. Brett Hatch

Brett Hatch Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    A Texan walks into a gay thread. Next thing you know, it's all Walmart this, PC that, total flame war. Classic :troll:

Dive and let dive folks, we're all in this together, bright colors are awesome.

7. Neilwood

Neilwood Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I find it a shame that this thread took the direction it did. I am straight however I couldn't really care about what anyone else's preferences are unless you cease to treat me with respect. I have a fairly small number of people that I would call very good friends and I think they represent most of the LGBT scale. I don't care what your sexual choice is before I decide if you can be a friend or not - my scale is more about what sort of person are you to me and others.

I am of a similar mind to @Storker about being pro love - however I do tend to think this is a particularly European attitude. What two consenting adults (whether they are straight, bi, gay, trans etc) choose to do is between them and couldn't care if they hold hands, kiss etc (within the bounds of normal behaviour in public).

8. WeRtheOcean

WeRtheOcean Nassau Grouper

Another example of an expression that can easily be blown into an argument, or misused, or misconstrued.

I have heard it used in a way that in fact bashes nonwhite people. Someone turns in found money instead of just pocketing it. Their friends find out and say, "That's mighty white of you." Could I be faulted for thinking that the friends are racists, i.e. implying that only white people are honest? Because to me, what the person did is just simply the honest thing to do.

I can see KWS's point: that American culture, at least, has become a minefield where "anything you say can and will be used against you."

Kha likes this.
  9. Nemrod

Nemrod Solo Diver

What is this all black y'all speaking of? I am into color, but of course I am practicing being so still that I have become invisible, so you cannot see me until it is too late:

IMG-2518.jpg

But you do not see what you saw because I am invisible. So, you cannot see me.

Nemrod, demigod of the deep

10. ScubaWithTurk

ScubaWithTurk Bubble Blowing Buddha

# of Dives: 200 - 499

Why does it only have to be two consenting adults? Why can it not be three or four? Do not leave out the polyamorous folks! :D