• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Gay colours?

Discussion in 'LGBTQIA and Friends perspectives' started by Subcooled, Sep 30, 2019.

1. KWS

KWS ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Your point is well taken and I think i agree fully. I dont know what the 4chan thing is,,, but its probably moot. The way I saw it is how I have done it for 60 years. The normal person probably does not know the PC difference either. The problem is when there is this 10% that knows these things and take it out on the 90% whom have no mall intent when using it .. And that 10% will use it for the purpose of personal or agenda gain. I met a guy with a badly keyed car the other day. Foolishly I asked and was told that he found out in hind sight that a red car is considered the enemy MAGA color and got keyed for it. LOTS OF stupid stuff HAPPENING I AM TOLD. Can you imagine what a bumper sticker could cause. That was off subject to some extent but it may go to show what happens when guilt by associations happens. The worst possible group for that ANTIFA. Its sad that one has to start severing public associations for personal safety.

drrich2 likes this.
  2. drjtprice

drjtprice Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    When I was a dive coordinator back in the 70s/80s I had a yellow wetsuit (SAS). People teased me until they were diving with me and realized how visible I was both on the back of the boat and in the water (albeit, looking more white at depth). Fast forward a few decades and the most color I can have is yellow fins. I miss colors on wetsuits (yes, I know you can get photo skins but why add another layer?)

Griffo, chillyinCanada and KWS like this.
  3. happy-diver

happy-diver Skindiver Just feelin it ScubaBoard Sponsor

So self deprecating humour purveyed by you, is an ability to laugh at yourself
    or when you do something a bit perhaps dumb and you start the laughing first

Is it funny when the comedian singles you out from the crowd to be laughed at
    when the laughed at goes to the mall or their school there is no more laughing

what's the cultural composite of either laughing at yourself or being laughed at

Humour is when everyone is laughing, even those that don't get it
    so you laugh at them and explain to them what they're laughing at

Now that's funny!

A respectful mutual involvement
    or continue to put crap on people

Would I feel free to post in this forum if I were not gay or was

But mostly why do those that know the difference between good and bad not speak up
    and why is it that everyone becomes silent when one not of the group enters the room

Vale Uretha

I say a little prayer

Think

Respect

You make me feel

and no one has the right to proffer their opinion publicly unless it makes sense to the whole

dumpsterpurrs and RayfromTX like this.
  4. 84CJ7

84CJ7 Barracuda

I kinda just skimmed some of the long winded almost bickering there at parts so I may have missed something.

I was just pondering this question since I am choosing a new back plate and wing and while the DGX wing I want to get cheap only comes in black the obnoxiously color optioned OMS mono wings cost a good hundred more.
    Though I am not actually gay I feel its important to be truly obnoxious at any cost so long as its what YOU like so black just won't do for me.
    I'm leaning towards that lime green one myself.

Be confident, be ridiculous, be you. Its the confident people who set the styles and trends.
    The people who want to follow the IBM dress code of diving can go play with that other three letter acronym dive group.

rob.mwpropane and chillyinCanada like this.
  5. doctormike

doctormike ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    ^ this

chillyinCanada likes this.
  6. divad

divad Solo Diver

What was the old orange?

7. Jay

Jay Need to dive more!

What was perviously considered an OK thing to say, might now be an insult, or at least a poor-taste attempted joke. That's possibly due to PC'ness, but more probably the result of awareness and learning about our fellow human beings.

That awareness and learning leads us along a path of tolerance --> acceptance --> unnoticeable differences.

I love my big reds (Dive Rite XTs). Whether they're gay or not I don't really care, but they sure spend a lot of quality time together.

dumpsterpurrs and chillyinCanada like this.
  8. KWS

KWS ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    #1 will never happen no group will be totally in agreement as to what is funny.
    #2 both for the same reason. fear of ridicule or being misjudged based on ones opinion
    #3. since when has it ever been a requirement to all be in agreement. If that were true no opinion would ever be given becasue it would already be everyones opinion. you learn about other people through their opinions.

Dark Wolf and chillyinCanada like this.
  9. happy-diver

happy-diver Skindiver Just feelin it ScubaBoard Sponsor

and having given it a few seconds thought it's an absolute must we bring back segregation
    as when all the wives are at home and the men at work there may be far less hanky panky

full.jpg

and far more diving

10. drjtprice

drjtprice Angel Fish

The advantage of having color options is apparent on dives with multiple groups/buddies in the same small area - you can more easily tell if it is YOUR buddy or not. When all the divers look the same I have seen buddy pairs come up together and say, wait you're not my buddy. Then a diver comes to the surface trying to find what happened to their buddy. It's like a little kid following a woman and then finding out it is not their mom.