• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Gear find opinions/tips/identification

Discussion in 'Regulators' started by KingsSoldier08, Jun 8, 2021.

1. KingsSoldier08

KingsSoldier08 Registered

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    I plan on keeping the knife...and the stuff I can /will use. Thanks for the info. It amazes me how someone can look at something that I see as so generic and know that kind of detail about it.

2. KingsSoldier08

Yeah I noticed about the mk15. If anyone DOES have the kit, they are selling for $50+ it looks like. Is there a reason they are so hard to find for that citicards model?
    Ah I was hoping my wife could use one of them, she is just about to get certified this year, and we were looking for stuff, so we could have our own gear and maybe an spare set of everything in case a friend wants to go.
    any opinion on what would be the best ones? My wife, of course, wants the pink one to work. I would like to learn to service my own equipment (I do most everything by myself these days. I've rebuilt carbs and some a lot of stuff on my cars). So you have any recommendations on what would be good to learn on?
    my wife did inflate them and leave them. How much pressure loss is acceptable? None? A little?

Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it

3. Jim Lapenta

Jim Lapenta Dive Shop

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    That the Sherwood computer turns on means it's not junk. It can still be used. I'd test it though in the water and install a new battery.

Bob DBF likes this.
  4. Bob DBF

Bob DBF Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    The Sherwood second can be found in the SRB 3200 manual. It's a simple downstream reg an can be serviced with generic parts if a kit can't be found. The button on the cover is to lock the purge button down and keep pressure off the seat, from my experience if that was engaged the reg would be ready to dive after sitting for ages. They are extremely reliable, I use a similar reg on my pony.

Open Ocean Diver and JoeFriday like this.
  5. KingsSoldier08

I was hoping I could use it at least as a secondary for my wife when we drive together. I need to get this stuff sorted, serviced and tested.

6. KingsSoldier08

Thanks! I was wondering about this one. Sounds like it is straightforward to service then. What is a "generic parts kit"? Just a downstream 2nd stage service joy kit?

Unfortunately the lock button is corroded and unusable at the moment, so it was definitely not engaged anytime recently.

7. Bob DBF

Bob DBF Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Just match o-rings, the seat can be flipped, as I remember, I don't know I anyone makes a kit for them now.

8. James79

James79 Reinventor of Wheels ScubaBoard Supporter

Just to add, he's talking about flipping the hockey puck type soft seat to present a fresh face. I've had some older Ebay finds that when I pulled the seat, it had been flipped already. If that's the case, it will have an indent from the orifice (hard seat) and will have to be replaced.

9. gqllc007

gqllc007 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Reach out to rsingler on here....He is a magician with the D400 and most likely service the others

10. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Photographer

Service kits can be found every few months if you watch ebay. Some are third party, some are NOS. A general search of "Sherwood Regulator" should find any current listings. Worst case is buy another used second as a parts bin.

Bob DBF likes this.