Gear list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This LDS doesn't normally require mask and snorkel but is using covid-19 as the rationale to change their policy. This is also for a possible corporate event.
Yes, a lot of new rules and regulations because of COVID-19- some based on data and some just based on fear with no data. It is weird that they would rent you a reg but not a mask if they were doing it prior to pandemic... it seems like similar exposure if they are using COVID-19 as an excuse.
Anyhow, I like my mask to fit just right, so that is one piece of the equipment I wouldn’t want rent. On the other hand, I want to know that my reg is just right, and my gauge and computer... so I do not like an idea of renting it either... BC, I suppose, I could rent, if I had to (although I am used to mine and I love it). I guess, that leaves fins :)

As I’ve mentioned in other threads, I’ve found from tropical trained divers on FB groups that it’s not uncommon for the dive op to provide EVERYTHING, even mask and snorkel. There are a number who never had any of their own equipment until they decided to go for DM.

It’s locally trained divers who have to provide mask, snorkel, fins, booties, and maybe a wetsuit.

Get like 20 dives at least before you even consider equipment. Find out if you actually like the sport first.

Thanks for explanation, that doesn't really bother me.

I would never buy that BC either. If not having a standard LP inflator hose on your BC does not bother you, I would take that as an indication that you don't know enough yet to make a smart choice on a BC. There are all sorts of other things about that BC, and unfortunately about many jacket style BCs that are sold to new divers, that might seem like a good idea in the dive shop but in fact are terrible in the water.

For a BC, you want the simplest, no frills model you can find. I would buy a used inexpensive, non-weight integrated, non padded BC to get started. Once you get some experience diving, you will learn that less is always better with BCs.

I would never buy that BC either. If not having a standard LP inflator hose on your BC does not bother you, I would take that as an indication that you don't know enough yet to make a smart choice on a BC. There are all sorts of other things about that BC, and unfortunately about many jacket style BCs that are sold to new divers, that might seem like a good idea in the dive shop but in fact are terrible in the water.

For a BC, you want the simplest, no frills model you can find. I would buy a used inexpensive, non-weight integrated, non padded BC to get started. Once you get some experience diving, you will learn that less is always better with BCs.

What type of diving do you usually do?

The axiom had a mp inflator hose. Why is that worse then a lp inflator hose?

Over the years, one thing I've learned to bring along with me on a dive is an old 4x4 piece of canvas, which I use to stand on when taking off my gear. Way better than the dirt from the road, gravel or grass from the parking lot, sand from the shore, etc getting all over you and your suit and gear before they go into the vehicle. Pre-dive, I use it to cover gear from the sun. The canvas shakes off and dries easy. My 2¢

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom