Gear purchases you DON’T regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shearwater
Halcyon
Pinnacle Merino 3 mil
Spring straps

A little bottle of McNett's drops. (@abnfrog, forever grateful for that tip)

A drop or two in a fin pocket. Lasts quite a while before you need another application. Fins slip on and off a drysuit. Can't get the stuff anymore. McNett is now Gear Aid. I called them. Best guess is their food grade silicone spray lubricant. Don't know if it is reef-safe, but you use so little (and it stays on the fins).

Halcyon Eclipse Wing. Apeks XTX 200 and FSR. Tovatec Fusion 1000.

The ones that stand our are:
--Spring fin straps. No more &^%*ing buckles in cold or rough water with thick gloves/mitts on.
--"Apollo Bio Tank Lock". Tank will never slip (well, once when it came apart and I put it back together wrong). No need to wet BCD strap(s) beforehand. Re-tighten between dives.
--Suspenders for weight belt. Won't ever fall off and belt doesn't have to be gut crunching tight (though harness probably even a better choice).
--Pouch weight belt--no threading weights onto a belt, but rinse thoroughly to remove salt/chlorine. Lasted 12 years and counting.
--Foldable snorkel (though I rarely carry it anymore).

Mares MR22 Abyss, Proton Metal regs and Cobra 1 A/I computer ( I have been diving them for 17 years and they haven't missed a beat up here in the cold Great Lakes)
Bare CD4 Compressed neoprene drysuit (less buoyant than 7mm, less underwear required for Great Lakes diving than a bag suit)
108lp steel tanks ( less weight on the weight belt)
Stahlsac Jamaican Smuggler dive bag (it's not considered over sized luggage, fits all my gear, doesn't have scuba plastered all over the outside, limited life time warranty)

• Hollis M1 mask - haven’t used anything better!
  • IST pro-ear mask - took some getting used to but meant I could dive in North Sulawesi in August with an ear issue (long way to go to stay dry otherwise!), but really missed my M1!
  • SP Mk17/G260 regs - very smooooth
  • Mares Avanti Quattro+ fins - great allrounders
  • AP Travelwing - pretty much everything I want from a BCD at an affordable price and less than 3kg!
  • Lavacore vest - can use it under my 5mm wetsuit or under a rashguard for tropical diving. So comfy :)
  • Last but by no means least, my Canon G7X II with Fantasea housing. And just bought a used Inon S2000 strobe from ebay as an upgrade to the system - can’t wait to use it!!

I love my Perdix.
Everything could be one day replaced by something else, but not my Perdix.

This is my Perdix. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My Perdix is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my Perdix is useless. Without my Perdix, I am useless.

<3

I love my Perdix.
Everything could be one day replaced by something else, but not my Perdix.

This is my Perdix. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My Perdix is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my Perdix is useless. Without my Perdix, I am useless.

<3

Really? You wouldn't take a free Teric? (not that I'm offering...)

Back
Top Bottom