Gear purchases you DON’T regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regulator ScubaPro MK25/A700
Fins ScubaPro Jet Fins with spring strap
Computer. Ratio IX3M tech+

I love everything I'm presently diving with. My favorite purchases:

Freedom Plate
Argonaut 18lb wing
Seawing Nova fins
Perdix is making its way up there - recently acquired :)

All my custom wetsuits.
Jet fins.
VDH donut wing.
All my reg sets that I kept, Conshelfs and old Scubapro.
My 11lb freedom plate that only costed me $24 for a hunk of 1/4” stainless but costed me dearly in labor to make.
My DRIS 1000 lumen light.
3442 120 and 100 steel tanks.
All my steel 72’s.
Picasso black team freediving fins.

Cressi travelight BCD and Cressi Xs compact regulator and octopus.

Very reasonable price, durable, light and compact for travel!

Perdix AI with transmitters
Bare xcs2 brand new for $1250
Kubi drygloves...pricey but awesome

:)

I was reading some other threads about gear people really loved, for example, What a great bag!!

And then I saw another thread about gear purchases people regretted: Any equipment buying regrets ?

So I then got the idea to start a thread of gear purchases people DON’T regret one bit, like stuff people thought were REALLY GREAT!

I’m going to start with my list - I LOVE these items:
  • Shearwater Perdix - needs no introduction
  • Mares Cruise Deluxe - so practical, so durable, so inexpensive, so easily purchasable (i.e. via Amazon)
  • Beanie (any brand) - I literally cannot dive without one as this keeps my hair out of my face, and makes mask don/doff so much easier
  • Henderson Thermaxx 5mm - damn it’s stretchy, easy to don and doff, moulds to every lump and bump on imperfect bodies
  • Henderson Thermaxx 5/3mm hooded vest - same as above; I don’t even know how they can get a hooded vest to feel NOT constricting - boggles my mind
I would buy these items again if I ever lost them or they died due to old age.

What about you? What stuff do you LOVE? :heart:

Hi Dogbowl,

1. My pony bottle rig.
  2. my steel tanks
  3. my Oceanic gear
  4. My custom wetsuit.
  5. my transfill whip.

These three are at the top of my list:

Scubapro Go Fins (just wish they had a cold water version)
Aqualung Dimension BCD
Suunto Eon Core

I'll add the Kubi's to my list as well.

My list is small, not because the gear isn't good. I set my criteria for the list to be items that I would replace with the exact same item if I ever lost it. No shopping around for different products. Stuff like my regs, yes they are very good and I like them, no issues. But if I lost them, I would see what else is out there before getting new ones. The old ones would be on the list of stuff to compare, but not just getting the same again without question. So if I listed it, I REALLY like it.

OK, another one...
Crotch strap. Don't care about brand, so long as there is one there is there and works. All my rigs have one now.

Shearwaters (Petrel 2 and Perdix AI)
Lavacore gloves

Everybody loves their Shearwaters, and with good reason, but ain't nobody here been sharing the love of Lavacore gloves. I find that sad. They're great, great gloves. They're sturdy, light enough to be not-roasty in warm water, and warm enough that I can dive in ~50 degree quarry water without discomfort.

Back
Top Bottom