General Questions about the Bonaire Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've heard the shore diving off Bonaire is incredible! Answer ABSOLUTLEY
I think I would much prefer to dive from shore all week, and not off the boat. Is there any chance we could make an option that does not inlcude boat dives, but includes unlimited shore diving? Answer NO
This is a group package and there are no other options.

Or would we just book the room as "non-divers" and then rent tanks and a truck for shore diving separately?. Answer NO same reason as above This sounds like it would be an awesome place to scooter, and especially easy to accomplish with a truck. Are there any scooters available for rental on Bonaire? Answer NO there are no scooters I am aware of for rent.

Some of the best diving in Bonaire can only be done from a boat and that is why boat dives are part of the group package. Boat dive are in the morning and the rest of the day/night already have UNLIMITED shore diving included in our package.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the dive shop on site have weights to rent or should the diver bring their own weights? Answer Weights are included in the package

What is the reference to DT#1 or DT#8?

You need to watch the Coz videos... PDT#8 rocks! PDT#8 is so good... we already have 8 returning members. Six original members and two from last year. PDT#8 is so good.. we have honorary members and wanna be members... :)

/\
/ \
0 0
\_/

Dive Computer required by Op?

I've seen other locations that require divers to use a dive computer, especially for EANx. Is this a requirement with our dive op?

If so, do they provide/rent them?

Dive Computer required by Op?

I've seen other locations that require divers to use a dive computer, especially for EANx. Is this a requirement with our dive op?

If so, do they provide/rent them?

They do not require dive computers for Air or Nitrox. However they do rent them.

Last edited:
If we have non-SB friends join us on the Invasion, do they get assigned to the same dive team? How does that affect your crowd control?

If we have non-SB friends join us on the Invasion, do they get assigned to the same dive team? How does that affect your crowd control?

Answer, If your friends are divers and you would like them to be on the same boat as you, just let us know and we will do the best we can to put you together.
We will also [-]brainwash[/-] convert them into ScubaBoard members! :D

FYI, there are some grocery stores easily within walking distance of Plaza, closer than walking to town. If you have a truck then there is definitely no problem. Both Warehouse and Van den Tweel are not too far and a smaller store called Sunshine as well.

There are scooter rentals available from multiple sources on Bonaire, as well as motorcycles, bicycles (deliver/pick up at your location), golf carts, etc. the easiest way to do the scooter rental for you will be from Macho....they have an office in the lobby of the Plaza Resort.

i would suggest you get a truck, or at least pitch in and share with someone, as the shore diving is pretty wonderful. The boat dives will be great and it is the only way to dive Klein Bonaire. But you don't want to miss (fill in the blank) or your favorite west coast dive site out of the 60-70 available. Hurry up, I'll keep an eye on things till you get here!

I have just spent a few hours with coffee in hand reading the entire 54-odd-page conversation in the main Bonaire Invasion thread, including watching videos. So in 3 hours I have just experienced a 3-month-spread of introduction to a number of future crewmates, Bonaire, and the general vibe of the trip to come. :spit:

Questions as an Invasion Newbie...
1. Is there anything we need to do to sign up in the affirmative for the Nitrox cert, already included in the package if desired?:cool3:
2. (As a 4-yr-diving-still-novice) - My buddy diver is my teen son. I still need to do some self-educating on Nitrox, and I will do that, but I'd like to take advantage of the experienced folks on this thread too. Any reason why I should hesitate on my teen diver doing the Nitrox cert too?
3. Most important... regarding the sponsors' gifts, certificates, prizes, and general booty:
Does it behoove a crew member to go somewhere on the Sponsor links in order to get in the pool for the goodies and gifts and prizes?? Or is that automatic in invasion registration? Is it still in season for the bribing? And to whom shall bribing requests be sent for things like cameras, etc? :ijs:

Bribes should be sent to Cardzard and Roxanne.

Sponsor prizes are awarded during a scheduled dinner by draw of numbers. Sponsors would love for you to visit their site and order something, but I don't think it will help with the awards.

Nitrox is good for everyone, even teens. The only possible hitch would be whether your computer supports Nitrox. If it does your are good to go. If it doesn't you'll need to dive an air profile, but it does not mean you can't have Nitrox in the tank. You just won't get all of the extended NDL times and shorter SI.

I'm not sure about signing up for the Nitrox class, but you could send a PM to NetDoc to be sure you are on the list.

Look forward to meeting another Georgia diver. I think that makes 5 on this Invasion. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom