• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

General Vortex Incident Discussion

Discussion in 'Cave Diving' started by sabbath999, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alohagal

alohagal Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I have to agree. I am currently working with patients who are forced to accept 4 smoke breaks a day. Believe me they are all jone-zing big time till that next cigarette. They have Dr's orders for nicorette gum every two hours and most of them don't miss that opportunity.

2. alohagal

alohagal Manta Ray

Back on track. Since you guys did a thorough search what is your theory on Ben?
    Is the cave that straightforward that there is no where for him to "hide?"

I know these questions are late in the game...but I have been busy at my new job with substance abuse addicts/PTSD war survivors and the mentally ill!

Thanks in advance Mat/Kevin.

3. alohagal

alohagal Manta Ray

You started it with your bragging about spanking!

4. alohagal

alohagal Manta Ray

Why should they? I don't think anyone was forced to offer their assistance at the beginning of this thing. They were helping in a situation that is of their expertise.
    Not to mention the ongoing intrigue, and banter this incident has generated.

I have been tempted to enter the piano room myself...now I fear the cave god will strike me with deadly lightening if I proceed. I have watched all the videos posted with shock and awe.

5. diverdoug1

diverdoug1 Marine Scientist

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    It must have been a hell of a spanking, you seem to be talking to yourself!

6. Rick Murchison

Rick Murchison Trusty Shellback Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    How many divers that smoked have died - or been injured - by embolism? I don't know, but I'll bet even money that many of the survivors "never held my breath."
    I don't know if any studies have been done to see if there's any statistical correlation between smoking and diving lung injury compared to the non-smoking diving population... I imagine the stats are so sparse that they fall into the "statistically insignificant" pile, as do nearly all diving injuries. But I stick by my point: Diving is another good reason to quit smoking.
    :)
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.