GeoFish and Abyss Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Hatfield

Contributor
Reaction score
Ontario , Canada & Playa del Carmen, Mexico
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for some clarification on the status of GeoFish and Abyss Dive Shops. I was by the GeoFish location and it was locked up and empty. I was also told that Abyss was also vacant but did not go by to verify. I was leaving town before I could check it out. Can I get a confirmation on the status of these two operations from someone currently in Playa del Carmen? Are the closures permanent or are the businesses relocating?

GeoFish was one of my favorite shops even after it changed hands and I know Abyss always had a good reputation.

They are operating via internet only. I am close friends with both shop owners and neither have plans to open a new location.

Abyss is now a "virtual" dive shop and you can contact Dave, the owner, on Abyss Dive Center | Facebook or Playa del Carmen Diving with The Abyss Dive Center. Even though the physical shop is gone, they still offer all the activities they did before. Think it's actually easier to get in touch with them because any communication goes directly to Dave via cell and he's pretty good at getting back in touch. Geofish also is now virtual, so imagine that they are running the shop in a very similar way.

Abyss is now a "virtual" dive shop and you can contact Dave, the owner, on Abyss Dive Center | Facebook or Playa del Carmen Diving with The Abyss Dive Center. Even though the physical shop is gone, they still offer all the activities they did before. Think it's actually easier to get in touch with them because any communication goes directly to Dave via cell and he's pretty good at getting back in touch. Geofish also is now virtual, so imagine that they are running the shop in a very similar way.

Same thing with Geofish. They still provide everything they did before, the only thing is where you meet. I dove with Geofish my last two trips to PDC and am in contact with them about my trip later this year.

Geofish Dive - Scuba Diving, Snorkeling & PADI Instruction in Playa del Carmen & Cozumel, Mexico

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom