George Chernawski

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maj2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
George was a local scuba instructor. He passed away in February, but I never really considered posting his loss here till now. His obituary is available at George CHERNAWSKI's Obituary on The Windsor Star

George never taught me a class, but I knew him through my LDS. We was involved with some of my daughter's (now 13 years old) classes when she got her OW and AOW.

George thought highly of my daughter. He told me something to the effect that "she is not just a good young diver... she is a good diver."

My daughter though just as highly as George. In Bonaire in 2016, she came up from a dive with George to tell me that he was a "way better buddy" than I was. I can only aspire to being like George.

RIP George. You are greatly missed.

Im sorry to hear @maj2 about you and your daughter's loss. I hope she will keep diving.

Back
Top Bottom