GEORGIA and ALABAMA DIVERS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beboandles

Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious,as always!
How many Georgia and Alabama divers are out there on the boards?
It would be great to know how many are out there and where your favorite close by dive spots are there.( I am always looking for that next trip)
Close by spots that I have dived so far only include Vortex and the Forida Panhandle.

I'm just south of you in Eufala. I mostly dive in PC. Be sure to take a weekend & go dive Ginnie Springs near Gainsville, FL, if you haven't already.

Vortex is boring & has horrible viz in comparison.

Check the Deep Dixie Divers Forum. Plenty of Divers from Alabama and Georgia on here. Plenty of information on different spots to dive as well in that forum.

Matt

I am from Georgia, one hour south of Savannah!

av8er23:
I am right across the river in Phenix City.

do you make your living next store to the airport(at tl flt)?Is Ashley still there?

mike_s:
BTW.. WAR EAGLE!

War Damn Eagle! :D

Another Alabamian here, I dive the gulf coast off of AL and FL panhandle as well as the panhandle springs all the time. The panhandle springs can be represented much much better than Vortex by some of the others they have available! We're having a Meet-n-Greet the weekend of Oct 15th, it'd be a great time to make yourself known :D Check the trips-n-happenings forum in the Dixie Divers Forum.

Also keep an eye out on the FL Conch forums for FL happenings.

Beboandles:
do you make your living next store to the airport(at tl flt)?Is Ashley still there?

not quite sure what you are asking in the first sentance. But I used to be a flight instructor up there at CSG Aviation but quit that about 2 years ago. Ashley does not work there no more neither.

within the last year*
av8er23:
not quite sure what you are asking in the first sentance. But I used to be a flight instructor up there at CSG Aviation but quit that about 2 years ago. Ashley does not work there no more neither.

i wasnt putting it out there but i guess it didnt really matter.i was refering to total flight.many friends have worked there and meet a couple cool international flight instructors(dutch) there working their way to commercial license.Ashsley was there at least in the last year and was in charge flight lessons there.She is an old friend and i found out she was still there when i was inquiring about flight lessons.NOW I FOUND SCUBA!
Glad to know there are peple so close and would enjoy hearing about your near dives.

Safe diving!

Back
Top Bottom