Germ killing wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NFLD Jim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
If there was a $300 wetsuit that fit you and right next to it was an identical one for $350 but the neoprene killed germ, which one would you buy??

This is not a survey put a feeler question only

Thanks,

Jim

At that point, I would have some questions to ask. How is this antibacterial neoprene produced? What makes it antibacterial? How long is this property intended to last? Is it harmful or irritating in any way to the human skin? I would certainly consider such a product, but, IMO, bacteria is not a big issue in a well taken care of suit.

The neoprene I am thinking about has a safe, widely used mineral, that lasts as long as the garment does. It is not harmful to the skin. I have gotten staph from a cut that I kept diving with and that is where I got my staph. I hurt a lot but I dive to pay my bills so I had to dive. Maybe I wouldn't have got the infection wearing the suit?? Rental booties can pass some nasty stuff but most ocean diving doesn't hurt suits, taking them on and off and not rinsinog hurts a suit the most. Given the choice, and the price, I think it would sell. Braces for wrking out or playing sports, medical field, I think that is where the market is but I am an instructor. not a doctor. Thanks for the post. What about power inflator that is disconnected with one hand, and reconnected with the same hand underwater, easily? Retails for under $30.00 USD

Jim

All other things being equal, I would pay the extra $50 for a germ resistant suit. If for no other reason than it would cut down on smell, although it might help with infection as well. I don't know about the detachable LPI though. Why exactly would you want to disconnect it underwater?

Detach LPI for runaway inflation or leaky inflator. You can spin the fitting with your right hand only. Easy to hook up and easier to use.

Jim

Thanks for the reply. Check out Innovative Scuba Concepts' Gel Cell mouthpiece. Constant custom mouthpiece. The gel constantly molds to your teeth.

Back
Top Bottom