GET YOUR DM AND/OR IDC FOR FREE in exchange for work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand your intention just having a bit of fun at the execution. In the keys you can do a similar program but they take you from AOW to MSDT in six months, not from rescue to Owsi in a year.

And some zero to hero offer you free diving for life as well. And work, weirdly.

Are you kidding Stuart ?

No. I said:

I'm not saying it's a great deal. It's just not as bad as you make it sound.

What's wrong with my statement? It is not as bad as blac86 made it sound.

Padi Owsi and dm cost about 4-5k usd all said and done, why would anyone work for a year for free for that

That makes it sound like you work for a year for free and ALL you get is a cert that you could pay for at a cost of USD$4-5K. In fact, you get a lot more than just the cert.

I did not say it's a great deal. Maybe not even a good deal. But, it is not as bad as blac86 made it sound.

At my old age, going somewhere with a slower and simpler pace of life, having food and a bed, and doing nothing but diving and working a fairly simple job, for peanuts in pay, near a tropical beach somewhere actually sounds kind nice.

Hello from the Dressel Divers team!

We offer you the training needed for FREE and future employment as Divemaster or an Instructor. Here, at Dressel Divers, we offer free internships where you can get these certifications without having to pay in exchange for work in our dive centers.

NO PAYMENT REQUIRED! We offer two separate internships all of which you can join in sequence or the part you need.

We are a very well established company with dive centers in Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Jamaica, providing SCUBA diving services to IBEROSTAR HOTELS & RESORTS. . . .
Thank you for posting. SB regularly has posts from individuals who are looking for internship experiences, in order to put into practice what they learned in their DM training, AND have a chance at actual future employment.

The potential value of the opportunity, and individual decisions regarding the terms and conditions, are considerations to be made by interested candidates. But, by posting you have made available information regarding the opportunity.

You would also be getting free room and board for a year. And free diving. And a guaranteed job in some vacation resort.

I'm not saying it's a great deal. It's just not as bad as you make it sound.
That makes sense. But, you may question two things--- When you are working as an intern all that time, do you have time for the "free diving"? Would you want to after interning all the time? Also, what exactly is the guaranteed employment?--as a full time instructor or partly or wholly retail or something else? How many full time instructors could they have?

That makes sense. But, you may question two things--- When you are working as an intern all that time, do you have time for the "free diving"? Would you want to after interning all the time? Also, what exactly is the guaranteed employment?--as a full time instructor or partly or wholly retail or something else? How many full time instructors could they have?

We offer a free dive every morning before starting work for DM interns. IDC interns will do a free dive + other dives assisting instructors with our clients. IDC interns will also have to do demo pools with clients. There is no guaranteed employment. We only offer employment to those who prove that they are good at there job and are responsible. All our instructors work full time and we have plenty of them.

I am with Stuart on this one. For somebody already employed, I would not even give it consideration. But for an 18 or 19 year old unsure with what to do after graduation, this is likely not a deal with the devil. I suspect there would be some fine print about repayment in the event this internship was not what they expected.

Room and board is provided (not saying it is 5 star, but 3 hots and a cot is something). The locations are likely "resort" type locations that attract young folks wanting to "live the dream". I understand there is some sort of minor commission program and once working as a DM there are likely some tips. Working with people in a customer service and retail business is not bad life experience either. I suspect some kids likely get some help from home while they are off "finding their direction."

I could think of worse ways for a young person to spend a six months to a year of their life...and better ways. But I would not ridicule anybody that made the choice to pursue something like this.

Well, now, this:
There is no guaranteed employment. We only offer employment to those who prove that they are good at there job and are responsible.

... seems to be a little bit at odds with this:

INSTRUCTOR INTERNSHIP (6 months)

Once a divemaster with us or if already a divemaster a further 6 months’ internship with all the same conditions as above in exchange for required courses and dives leading up to the PADI instructor level (including study materials & PADI fees).

Upon successful completion of this internship and the PADI IDC you are offered employment in Dressel Divers.

I mean, the OP sure sounds like a guaranteed job offer, to me.

Do you cover visa and work permit costs as well as any other associated legal considerations required to work in said foreign countries?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom