Getting a job as a DM in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would suggest searching for dive shops away from Cairns, as said that is where everyone thinks the action is. If you don't have the local connections you may find it hard.

There are plenty of other sites down the east coast that a big with divers that may be looking or willing to take you on due to the perceived remoteness. Townsville because it has the Yongala wreck, Noosa has the HMAS Brisbane, Lady Elliott Island, into NSW we have South West Rocks for Fish Rock cave, Forster has The Pinnacle and Seal Rocks, Terrigal has the HMAS Adelaide, Sydney has a number of dive shops running boat and shore dives every day of the week, the wreck and Seal diving around Eden and Merimbula is very popular as well. I'm sure there are 20 other places I haven't mentioned as well.

I lot of these places if your can get work there, can then provide references to get you were you want to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom