Getting feet into boots of CF 200X DUI drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an older DUI CF 200 drysuit. I wear Lavacore booties over wool socks. I have a real rough time getting my feet all the way into the built in boots. The worst part is getting the heel of the boots over my heels. Once on, they fit fine. The size seems right. My feet are size 8.5W. The suit is an XL. I've tried powder with poor results.
Any ideas? I'm 5' 9, 195 lbs.

Silicone spray?

20+ years ago, I did a lot of horseback riding. I rode English, which meant the knee-high black boots. There was a spray sold to help you get into these tight boots. You sprayed it on the inside of your boots, as well as on the outside of your breeches/socks. Did it the trick.

I have big feet. I had the boots replaced with the socks so I could use rock boots. It was a vast improvement.

John

Do NOT spray silicone spray in your drysuit!

Once the silicone spray gets on your suit, it will make it impossible for glue to stick to the suit material, in case you ever need to do a patch or repair.

+1 on what @TrimixToo said. I just had my suit updated by Dive Right In Scuba to remove the attached boots and replace with neoprene socks. I will say, though, that it is actually harder to get on. But, I still like it better because I can wear anything from 1 really thin sock to 2 really thick socks and the suit's feet are snug. They don't allow nearly the air in, to make my feet floaty, like the attached boots did. I got regular wetsuit booties to wear over them.

Plastic grocery bags.... Just like when you were a kid. We use them to get "yellow boots" on an off with work boots.

YMMV

Hi. This is Kathy with DUI. I like the plastic bag idea. Wondering though if the plastic will tear... The inside of the CF200 has the nylon on it. Which makes it sticky when fleece or wool fabrics. For example our Xm250 or Xm450 DiveWear that has the slick taffeta type exterior. This glides a lot easier over the nylon.

Great advice also on NOT using silicone spray.

If you find something that works well please post.

Hi. This is Kathy with DUI. I like the plastic bag idea. Wondering though if the plastic will tear... The inside of the CF200 has the nylon on it. Which makes it sticky when fleece or wool fabrics. For example our Xm250 or Xm450 DiveWear that has the slick taffeta type exterior. This glides a lot easier over the nylon.

Great advice also on NOT using silicone spray.

If you find something that works well please post.

Now, that's interesting. I wear an inner wool sock and a polyester outer. Maybe that's one reason my feel slide into the socks so well.

John

I figured out a fix. I bought some knee hi nylons and put them over my lavacore booties. I tuck them into the top of the booties. Now I can slip into my boots in the drysuit with very little effort! (As long as no one sees me LOL!) The lavacore booties are like heavy socks. They are 95% polyester and 5% spandex.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom