Getting into trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also what size suit bottles do people tend to use?

I’m 6’ 250 for suit size reference
Cheers
What profile are you running? My pretty square boat dive profile with refills on the boat, 6cuft is just fine. That will do for 150+' dives. I have a 13cuft sitting in the shadows, typically kept around for topping off tires.

What profile are you running? My pretty square boat dive profile with refills on the boat, 6cuft is just fine. That will do for 150+' dives. I have a 13cuft sitting in the shadows, typically kept around for topping off tires.

200’ max although that’s probably gonna be a ways away apart from final course dive. I’m really just looking to take the narcosis away to explore more of the 120-160 range once course is finished.
90 ish min run times

a bunch of al6s or a 13 and a 6. If there's any ups and downs you'll burn through 6. On a square profile 6 is ok but even then you'll often empty it if you get cold.

al6 is fine for any open water application and most caves.

I may have to just get a 13 and 6cuft then.

Japan is kinda wierd. There are dive sites where you go up and down, not quiet a sawtooth profile, but more of a wave profile, and then the obvious square profile.

The water is also usually 65-85F year round so I'm not sure if I'll really get cold on long hangs using TMX, but I also want to reduce as many factors of DCS as possible...

Probably WAYYYY overthinking it, but I like to just make the best decisions up front so I don't buy something that doesnt work out or isnt needed.

You weren't joking. 13 cuft is huge...

Attachments

• 20200310_123503.jpg
    20200310_123503.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 95
You weren't joking. 13 cuft is huge...
Yeah 13 is annoyingly fat.
I would start with a 6. Remember you aren't using your suit for buoyancy.

DIvesoft.

Add SPG to Divesoft Trimix analyzer?

Absolutely no regrets. Buy once, cry once, as they say. Setup this way, I really don't think any analyzer could be easier to use.

I really don't like the Analox trimix analyzer much. A buddy has one which I used a number of times before getting my Divesoft. My main beef is the calibration. The O2 calibration knob is just too easy to accidentally bump. And, it does not auto-compensate for temperature like the Divesoft does. Also, the Divesoft supports 1, 2, and 3-point calibration, if you want to do it. The Analox is single point each for O2 and He.

With all the fixin's the Divesoft is more expensive, I think. I got mine before the Solo came out, so I'm not sure how the Solo compares, pricewise. But, I do think it's worth it.

I also especially like having and using the flow limiter setup that I have. I have a few tanks with valves that are a real pain to get to flow the right amount for the little Analox-style dome thingie. I crack the valve open and 5 seconds later the flow has tapered down and then stopped. With the Pro flow limiter on my Divesoft, it's so easy. Just crank the valve open and let it go. No worries of wasting a bunch of gas and getting a reading that is off by having the flow to high. No worries of blowing out an O2 sensor from too much flow (a buddy did that to the sensor in my Analox O2 analyzer). And, with my setup, no separate step to check the tank pressure. I check the tank pressure and get a free gas analysis at the same time. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom