Getting LDS and other Sponsors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that is some great news. Congratulations.

AL

Jldodd.

here's a few suggestions

1.) talk to your LDs about a discount program for certain gear packages or group rentals. chances are they only teach classes 1-2 weekends per month and their rental/teaching gear sits collecting dust the other weekends. See if you can get it for 50% off those other weekends since otherwise they would be making no money at all on them. Also explain to them that this gets the diver into their shop to buy other items, acessories, want to take classes, etc. Sell this is a "deal" that will sell more stuff for them in the long run and they have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

2.) Send a PM to one of the gear manufacturers here to see if you can get a "scout discount" for a large gear purchase. They might have to partner this with a LDS, but they can figure that out. You could easily get a 50% discount on certain select gear packages. Here on this board, you've got XS Scuba, Dive Rite, Oceanic, Zeagle, Sherwood, etc represented, plus more. You can find the contacts for each company posting in their 'gear forum' for manufacturers. Sell this to them by saying that people who buy your brand of gear are more likely to be a loyal _____ brand of gear buyer for the rest of their diving if they start with yours. Companies get tax breaks for helping scout troops, so it works out in their best interest also. Offer to photos of the troop using their gear.

3.) Of course all of this will require fundraisers on your part.

the idea about going to the LDS is ok..BUT do not go to manufacturer also...not fair to LDS..Choose one or the other..Remember if you go to manufacturer the LDS would not be very pleased and may choose not to supply you with any of your needs.
We had that happen here where a lds helped out a group of inner city kids (south Bronx),and then find out that the indy instructor associated with them went to DUI and got HIMSELF and his son and cronies new DUI dry suits,that were supposed to be for the kids(yeah right).The kids never saw the suits . This guy has the nerve to come around and still try to get deals..I have absolutely no problem with helping the kids but what DUI did (giving him suits and cutting out the LDS,he makes good $ and can afford to buy a suit)made the lds stop recommending DUI suits and as such the sales of the suit dropped at that facility.

Just wanted to let you know that our Crew was awarded the Level 3 Dive to Adventure scholarship (16 open water crew packs). Thank you so much for tipping me off to the availability of the program. Also, I was personally awarded the Level 5 Instructor Scholarship which gives me all of the materials for the IDC as well as pays for my IE.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

YIS,

Jeff

Jeff,
Congratulations on your scholarship. Pass it on - try to get an article in your Council newspaper/newsletter/etc. later this year so others get the word on this great opportunity from PADI.
Mike

Just wanted to let you know that our Crew was awarded the Level 3 Dive to Adventure scholarship (16 open water crew packs). Thank you so much for tipping me off to the availability of the program. Also, I was personally awarded the Level 5 Instructor Scholarship which gives me all of the materials for the IDC as well as pays for my IE.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

YIS,

Jeff

Glad to hear it - great news!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom