Getting rid of the EOS swivel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice to see it done. Apparently the Australian distribution must have more parts than they have in Canada. I'm still waiting for my parts on order to come in.

Yeah, my store has good contact with the distributor, only took a week or so for the part and install. Very lucky. Re the transmitter - looks very much like a handle to some people if screwed directly into the first stage HP outlet...a very expensive handle when it snaps off :wink: so put it on a short hose to allow some flex and prevent the tank being lifted by it :D

Any one else go the coversion done?

Just a wild thought, would it be a good idea to use a 4ft hose to extend the original EOS swivel hose? It seems to be a easy way to make it 7ft? or am I crazy?

The problem isn't a lack of 7' hoses, though. You can buy a 7' swivel hose for the EOS. The problem is that you can't use the regulator with a miflex hose of any length, and if your hose busts for some reason you need to get a special new-one and can't just use a more likely available standard hose as a replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom