Getting the most out of Truk and/or Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onepointfivethumbs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
In about a year I may have a short-term job opportunity in the Marianas; I have researched the dive sites in the CNMI and Guam and they look great; but I also thought about the possibility of getting off the United island hopper in Chuuk or Koror and waiting a week for the next one before coming back CONUS.

I am a PADI OWD and will likely do (SSI) EANx and AOW locally this coming spring; my ultimate goals are pretty firmly in Tech but it's going to take a long time to get to Full Cave/Hypoxic Trimix/Mod3 CCR and the confidence to go to Scapa, Bikini, or Kea.

It is also a consideration that the Hailstone wrecks are probably on their way out; if I am in the area anyway and unlikely to be back for about a decade I'd like to experience one of the great meccas of wreck diving before they're coral-encrusted piles of rust or carved up as low-background steel for the Chinese.

In order to have any meaningful time on the wrecks I would probably need AN/DP, and potentially ER.

Is it possible to make the most out of the Truk Ghost Fleet as a recent college graduate, on nitrox/doubles?

Yes. Truk can be enjoyed as a recreational diver. Doubles would be a bonus. CCR is nice to have.

id suggest deco procedures as a minimum and very achievable but it depends on you. ER will be even better
A year is along time so with plenty of practice no reason why you cant get it done

Truk can be done with any configuration but normoxic gives you access to many more sites. I am waiting mod2 CCR before going

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom