GF1 Housings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What housings are available for the GF1 and what are their prices?

I have seen photos here with a "Nautilus" housing but cannot seem to find any information about it.

I am in the U.S.

Any help would be appreciated.

I see that Olympus has housings for its M43 similar cameras EP-1. Does the Panasonic optical stabilization work if the Panny lenses are used on the Olympus. Because I will be doing video the IS is important for me.

Thanks

The housings that seem to be most available in the US are the Recsea Seatool, the Inon X-2, and 10Bar's housing. There's a thread about the GF1 with many comments, take a look. Also, try wetpixel forums for some more discussion.

Panasonic's OIS works on Olympus cameras and I believe it is recommended to turn off Olympus' sensor IS. If you want image stabilization on a wide angle, you'll have to go with an Olympus body since Panasonic's 7-14mm does not have stabilization built-in.

Thanks for the info!

Looks like the new Olympus E-pl2 with the Oly housing (a very affordable $599) coupled with the panasonic lenses, will be just the ticket!

Back
Top Bottom