GI Bill??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acmccown

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone have a lead where to go get CCR training with the GI Bill? I know, has to be instructor level. I am rated on a couple already, just trying to find somewhere I can use the VA benefits. Thanks,

Hawaii Scuba University (Hawaii Scuba University | Professional Scuba Diver ) provides a full range of programs from Open Water up through CCR Tec 100 rebreather instructor. Many of the programs leading to professional certifications, such as Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) and TEC40 CCR Instructor, are VA approved and include all the needed gear.

Specific information about the VA-approved TEC40 Rebreather Instructor program is available here: https://www.hawaiiscubauniversity.co...aining-hawaii/

I am one of the CCR instructors at Hawaii Scuba University, and the lead for the Poseidon side of things. Please feel free to ask me any questions about the CCR courses. I am not up to speed on the administrative side including the rules on the VA programs. Those questions can be answered by email at registrar@hawaiiscubauniversity.com or by phone at 808-947-6583.

Mahalo,
Mike

Mike it seems like Hawaii scuba University has fallen off the map. Is it still operating. If it isn't does anyone know of anywhere that is doing something similar?

Pura Vida in West Palm Beach Florida runs GI bill courses including tech. Little far but tossing it out there.

Mike it seems like Hawaii scuba University has fallen off the map. Is it still operating. If it isn't does anyone know of anywhere that is doing something similar?
HazeGray, Hawaii Scuba University has shut down. there are two other companies out here with similar programs. Dive Oahu and Ocean Legends. Dive Oahu, as far as I know, does not train on rebreathers. Ocean Legends does.

Dive Oahu and Ocean Legends only want your money. They don't care about you. Scuba Instructors make beans for salary. Don't waste your G.I. Bill on become a Scuba Instructor. Ocean Legends DBA The International Diving Academy has the worst reputation on the island for ripping people off.

Any other info on this? Ocean Legends has also crumbled and Dive Oahu's website doesn't have anything on technical diving.

Dive Station in Orlando FL uses the GI Bill. I got my O2Ptima CCR and cert that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom