Giant Sea Bass episode to air on NHK in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've been filming giant sea bass (Stereolepis gigas) here off Catalina Island (California) with a film crew from Japan Underwater Films. The documentary will air on NHK's BSP station on the series "Wild Things." Tentative air date is November 19th at 8:00 pm. It has been a great opportunity for me to work with this crew. Yasu and Masa are fantastic divers and fun guys. Director Nobu and translator Steve have been great as well.

To see some of the stills extracted from my video footage of these incredible fish, click on the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100503965036821.2515117.11616&type=3&l=b27ffbcc79

Dr. Bill

Received a DVD copy of the documentary some time back and was impressed with the way it was edited and the great footage shot by Japan Underwater Films (and yours truly of course). The UW videographers were fantastic divers and the topside crew great as well.

I wonder if they will air it again. JUF said they hoped to get an English translation made and sold to BBC and The Discover Channel. I'm thinking of flying to Tokyo from Manila later this spring to have a Japanese friend watch it with me and translate.

From what I could tell there are re-runs, though I haven't seen it on the March schedule. Usually air time for the show is Mondays 8-9, both am and pm.

@Golo
Have you been able to record it? I haven't had a TV since everything went digital here.

I do have a TV but I don't have a recorder, so no, I haven't. I actually barely watch TV to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom