Gilboa January 18th - 19th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MgicTwnger
I saw them in the Walmart and didn't pay much attention to them. Several days later I did a dive where the water temps were 39 degrees and that is when I thought of the heat pads and started to connect the dots of curiosity. Next time I'm out that way I'll check again and will post a follow up here.

I recall reading about them on Scubaboard several months back. Different name, same approach. Might want to search the archives to see what the other people here have been able to come up with.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

They are the same warmers that are sold at sporting good stores ... winter rock and ice climbers use them lots. I don't know how well they perform if wet ... if you have dry gloves, no problem. (which most of you probably have) I would think the package would say if they would be ineffective if wet, but :confused: I haven't checked to see, myself. But, that may have been the difference in price between the ones that were seen on the board before and the cheaper ones at the sporting good stores, Eddie Bauer, or Walmart.

What do you guys want to do about eating? So far, I've come up with a head count of nine. I've never been to Gilboa, so I don't know the set-up. I assume we are discussing lunch eats or what? You guys come up with what you want ... I'm outnumbered! :wink:

Ber Rabbit once bubbled...
It's a TURKEY FRYER notice the lack of the words HOT and CHOCOLATE:wink: Nothing like a little 300 degree hot chocolate to scorch your mouth! hehehehe!
Ber :bunny:

There's a regulator on the valve, much like there are knobs on your stove. I can make hot chocolate @ whatever temp I want, but more and more things keep coming up that weekend. I don't think I'm going to be able to make it now at all.

dcostanza once bubbled...
MgicTwnger

I saw those heat packs at a local Walmart recently. The hand ones were in the area of $3.00 or so. Has anyone ever put those in their suit?

Best Regards
Don Costanza

I put a couple in the pockets of my undergarment. They seem to help on really cold days. I seem to stay very WARM. :para:

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Monica, you may be outnumbered, but you have us all OUTCLASSED!

:wink:

Speak for yourself. :mean:

Chad

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
Speak for yourself. :mean:

Chad

I CONCUR!! :weak:

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Thanks, Adam! :) Chad and Jeff ... we'll just have to see, won't we? :wink: What flavor of pie do you guys like? :mean:

I would have to say CHERRY; Yup, that's my favorite, yummmm yummmm.

Jeff "Great lakes diver" :tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom