Gilboa May 22/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Groundhog246

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Some OFWF are invading Gilboa (very small invasion, we've invited others, but may just beus three) this weekend. If anyone was in last weekend, what are conditions like (in water)? And will anyone from the GLWC be around this weekend? We're departing here Friday afternoon and have a room at the Econo Lodge in Findlay. Not sure which vehicle we'll have, either a black Hyundai wagon or a maroon GMC Safari, whichever it is will be towing a small white "very unique" trailer full of gear. If you spot us, say hi.

I was there last weekend. Temps were between 40-48'F. Vis was betweeen 1-30 feet.

There might be a few GLWC people there this weekend but a lot of us are going to the World Expo of Beer instead.

-Tiny-B.

Tiny Bubbles:
I was there last weekend. Temps were between 40-48'F. Vis was betweeen 1-30 feet.

There might be a few GLWC people there this weekend but a lot of us are going to the World Expo of Beer in instead.

-Tiny-B.

This is about correct. It would appear that most of us will be exercising our secondary motto that weekend (Life is too short to drink cheap beer!) and we have a group going to the Regina the weekend after that.

World Expo of Beer! My wife might enjoy that. I'd agree life's too short to drink cheap beer, except I don't drink beer at all (seem to have some kind of allergy to fermented grain alcohol, especially beer), had my last beer in 1986. Anyone know if there's a World Expo of Rum?

Thanks for the report on temps, drysuit it is. Would have been great to meet some of you, OTOH, it'll be less crowded.

Groundhog246:
Thanks for the report on temps, drysuit it is. Would have been great to meet some of you, OTOH, it'll be less crowded.
I might be at Gilboa for a couple of quick dives on Saturday morning then up to the beer festival. from there If I make it I will look for you and say hi.

A CANADIAN that doesn't drink BEER! What are you? Some Kind of FRESHWATER FREAK?!?!? :eek:ctopus:

You guys sure did pick the wrong weekend to invade. We'll all be too busy diving that weekend.
...Diving into BEER that is!!! :confined:

-Tiny-B.

Tiny Bubbles:
A CANADIAN that doesn't drink BEER! What are you? Some Kind of FRESHWATER FREAK?!?!? :eek:ctopus:

You guys sure did pick the wrong weekend to invade. We'll all be too busy diving that weekend.
...Diving into BEER that is!!! :confined:

-Tiny-B.
It's not by choice that I don't drink beer. Not to be too graphic, let's just say it stays down about as long as a big swallow of seawater.

We're invading this weekend, because it's a holiday weekend up here. That gives us Monday to unload and recover before facing another work/school week. I would not be at all surprised though, if we didn't make another attempt later in the summer.

Groundhog246:
It's not by choice that I don't drink beer. Not to be too graphic, let's just say it stays down about as long as a big swallow of seawater.

We're invading this weekend, because it's a holiday weekend up here. That gives us Monday to unload and recover before facing another work/school week. I would not be at all surprised though, if we didn't make another attempt later in the summer.

...as my buddy Cldwdiver and I are 'invading' Ontario next month to spend a couple days with Susan from Divers Den in Tobermory and dive some of the wrecks up there. We will be sampling some of the local brew during the SI and just looking to relax and enjoy ourselves. Look forward to meeting some of you....

i will be heading to gilboa this weekend for a gue fundamentals course. i will be camping by myself (loser)
i have a big lifted red jeep and a blue north face tent look me up if you guys are doing any night or early morning dives i know i will be in classes most of the weekend but still hope to get in a few fun dives!

gavin smith

gavin9980:
i will be heading to gilboa this weekend for a gue fundamentals course. i will be camping by myself (loser)
i have a big lifted red jeep and a blue north face tent look me up if you guys are doing any night or early morning dives i know i will be in classes most of the weekend but still hope to get in a few fun dives!

gavin smith

Welcome to the ScubaBoard and to the Wrecking Crew boards. I was wondering if we would be seeing you here sometime soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom