Gilboa Quarry, Fri, June 19th - Need a Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skyhawk133

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello GLWC divers. I'm going to be in the Dayton area in a couple weeks and would like to do a dive at Gilboa on the 19th (Friday). Never been before and heard it's a great place.

If you'll be up at Gilboa the morning/afternoon of the 19th and don't mind buddying up with this Desert Diver, I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks!

You do know that the water temperature this time of year tends to be a wee bit chilly. I did my open water there about this time of year many moons ago, and there was a lady walking around muttering "I don't dive 55", and she wasn't talking about the speed limit. It's not a problem if you have a nice thick wet suit or a dry suit. Not trying to discourage you, it's a neat place to dive if you have the right gear.

Oh, and the tubes will be about 47 degrees, doesn't matter what time of the year you go. :D

skyhawk,

I'm "laid off" for that day so I'm going to try to get a few people to drive down that way. Plans are kind of tentative yet. Would you consider Whitestar ? Let's keep bumping this thread and see what happens closer to the 19th. I'm sure somebody will be around to dive with you in any event.

RPanick, our local diving spot is 61 year round (no thermoclines), I dive a 7mm wet suit with 5mm gloves. Might be short dives at 55, but shouldn't be a problem.

boat_sju, that sounds like it may work :) Keep me posted. I've got a tentative offer from another guy up in Michigan as well, but we won't know for sure till around the 13th.

I might be there if I can get my schedule to work out, but Jwalko will be there with his daughter. He's a good diver. PM him and maybe we/he could get teamed up.

Tiggrr - you still in town? Spartandiver ? MSU99 ? Merri ? Scubaaron ? Micklock ?

I might be there if I can get my schedule to work out, but Jwalko will be there with his daughter. He's a good diver. PM him and maybe we/he could get teamed up.

Thanks, I'll PM him.

Anyone's schedules firmed up for next Friday?

Tiggrr - you still in town? Spartandiver ? MSU99 ? Merri ? Scubaaron ? Micklock ?

Hey boat, just found this thread. I was at Gilboa last sunday for the Dive Rite tec tour, I tried out sidemount with the Nomad. Still trying to get over to Sanilac Shores.

Sanilac sounds good. I want to get in a quarry dive with my drysuit first though. Maybe a few more dives in it and I'll quit sucking air like I am.

I plan to be up on Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom