Ginnie fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomfcrist

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone have gouge on the fatality a couple days ago?

I'm hearing bits and pieces...but all third hand.

smileys-clipart-confused-1.png

Lots of chatter on Facebook. No news available that I have seen.

What CDF seems to imply are the known facts: 1) solo diver 2) with a DPV 3) who ran out of gas ~1600 feet from the exit. The event has stirred up lot of discussion about gas planning and gas planning with DPVs.

It's in a public part of CDF, not the member only accident forum
Ginnie Fatality?

What CDF seems to imply are the known facts: 1) solo diver 2) with a DPV 3) who ran out of gas ~1600 feet from the exit. The event has stirred up lot of discussion about gas planning and gas planning with DPVs.

It's in a public part of CDF, not the member only accident forum
Ginnie Fatality?

That thread is essentially a waste of time if you're trying to find out about the incident.

Here is a direct link to one of maybe two relevant posts-
Ginnie Fatality?

Ya , I read thru the whole thread on CDF...
No matter what , that is very sad to hear.

Jeano

When I checked this morning, the CDF thread had 164 posts, and not a bit more information than this thread had by post #4. My current post is also off topic, but I hope that by reminding people to stay on topic we can avoid that absolute mess on CDF. If you don't have anything to say related to the topic of this specific fatality, please save it for another thread.

When I checked this morning, the CDF thread had 164 posts, and not a bit more information than this thread had by post #4. My current post is also off topic, but I hope that by reminding people to stay on topic we can avoid that absolute mess on CDF. If you don't have anything to say related to the topic of this specific fatality, please save it for another thread.

Probably help if it was in the proper sub-forum. As it's in the main forum pretty much anything's a go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom