Ginnie Springs Memorial Day Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wormil

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for some one who is going that has a camp spot with electricity and is willing to let me borrow some of it to recharge my light.

Thanks!

Worm

There will be 20,000 of your closest friends there I am sure one of them will let you charge you light.....

Are you crazy?!?

Memorial Day electric camping spots are all reserved well, well in advance. Most of them are reserved a year or more in advance. That is their busiest weekend of the entire year, and you would have to be crazy to want to dive there that weekend.

The place will be full of drunk people, who will get in your way, leave you nowhere to set up, and potentially steal or break your gear on accident. The party will go on all night long. The line to check in has extended in the past all the way out to CR341, and the park has been known to ban the use of cars inside the park to prevent accidents. The only time I've seen the park any less than as described for Memorial was a year that it rained all weekend straight, and it was still pretty busy.

If you want to dive Memorial Day weekend, go to Peacock.

Are you crazy?!? ......

......The place will be full of drunk people,......

The Ginnie 'Jail' on a major holiday weekend is worthy of MTV coverage

You forgot about people freediving down to the gold line to sip/steal the deco bottles.....

kitty, anyone?

Boo. It is really that bad? All I can think of is drunken sex orgies and mid night dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom