Giotto or i300c or Puck Pro+ ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It -maybe- "slightly" conservative but not that much more conservative. It is nowhere as conservative or penalizing as Suunto, Cressi, Mares RGBM. As for its intermediate stops, etc. calculations, you can turn them off AFAIK.
Scubapro Buhlmann ZH-L16 ADT was the most conservative deco algorithm in the 2017 ScubaLab hyperbaric unit testing, right in there with Cressi and Mares. That was run at the most liberal microbubble level, MB0

Scubapro Buhlmann ZH-L16 ADT was the most conservative deco algorithm in the 2017 ScubaLab hyperbaric unit testing, right in there with Cressi and Mares. That was run at the most liberal microbubble level, MB0

Again, from experience, they aren't that much more conservative compared with the AL i300C but more liberal than the Cressi/Suunto/Mares especially on multi-dive multi-day diving.

Again, from experience, they aren't that much more conservative compared with the AL i300C but more liberal than the Cressi/Suunto/Mares especially on multi-dive multi-day diving.
The ScubaLab test is 4 simulated sport dives, much like a good, full day: dive-1 hour-dive-2 hours-dive-1 hour-dive

i300 is NOT an i300C and doesn't have the good upgrade features of the i300C. The i300 is an EoS product and is no longer available from AL. Leisurepro is trying to unload old out of date inventory.

I wouldn't buy the i300 at all to be used as a primary computer. The Bluetooth feature in the new i300C is worth the extra money by itself.
What is wrong with out of date equipment? My main computer, Aladin Pro Nitrox, is 21 yrs old and it has ALL the functions that I need for scuba diving.
Good up grade features? I am pretty sure AL is NOT going to say that i300C is safer than i300!!!!
BlueTooth? What is that to do with actual diving?

Good up grade features? I am pretty sure AL is NOT going to say that i300C is safer than i300!!!!
BlueTooth? What is that to do with actual diving?

Simple: when you upgrade BlueTooth drivers over BlueTooth, you end up with a brickputer. It's the upgrade feature we've all been waiting for all these years.

Just wanted to wrap back around. I really appreciate the feedback I got from you guys. I ended up going with the i300c. I won't get to try it out until early February...but it was cool to connect it to my smart phone via Bluetooth!!

Late to the party, but I'd add a vote for the i300c. I got one as a secondary computer in case the primary fails. I wouldn't pay extra for a cable, so Bluetooth is the only way I can get a minute by minute profile.

In older gear, I think you'd be fine with last year's computer or even a 21 year old computer. The early computers were problematic, however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom