Glass Screen Protector?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been dragging my Petrel around in caves for years and still haven't replaced the protector. I bet for $50 you could get a whole new screen put on every few years from Shearwater.

I thought for sure someone must sell generic glass protectors by size, so you just measure and find a similar size, but I couldn't find one. Since the screen doesn't have to be responsive, I'd be tempted to go to home depot and buy some thin polycarbonate or acrylic, then either use a small hole and some ties to strap it on, cut and heat it up to bend it around the display, or some clear double sided display tape like this:

1 Roll PE Anti-dust Transparent Self Adhesive LCD Screen Clear Sticky Protective Film

That should get you something thicker than the plastic film, with good transmittance, and I think you could take it off to replace occasionally, and at low cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom