Global entry into please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
If this is the wrong forum please forgive me. Our global entry expires in November (automatic 1 year extension). Hopefully we will be overnighting in Atlanta in January (from Bonaire). We received notice that we could interview as we deplaned from international travel. We won't land until 745pm, will global entry office still be open? Needless to say I can find no info on their website! Thanks in advance. . Bill

Their website says 4pm, but I'd call them directly and find out for sure.
upload_2020-11-20_19-33-12.png

Global entry office is likely to be closed, but if you are returning from an international flight, they can do it at the customs if you are conditionally approved. At least they did it for me in the past. No need for an appointment.

You might try renewing online: CBP Customer Service

Maybe a day trip to one of the enrollment centers in a neighboring state if it's close enough: Global Entry Enrollment Centers

I live 10 minutes from Indianapolis International Airport, in the largest city in IN and always voted as one of the top airports in the U.S., yet I had to go to Ohio (the place I could get in the soonest) to get GE as Indiana had no locations. Since that time a location has been added, but in South Bend in the northern part of the state.

I realize that the requirements for the Global Entry and the NEXUS Card are different, but I recently renewed my NEXUS Card and was able to do everything online. I did not have to go in for a face-to-face interview. (I believe that this is still a requirement for initial applications, but for a renewal it wasn't.)

Since you are looking for a renewal of your Global Entry, it might be worth it to renew online and you may find that perhaps a face-to-face interview may not be required.

FWIW, the online procedure was very quick. From the day I started the process until the day I had my new card in my hand was just over a month. Again, that was for a NEXUS Card. Things may be totally different for Global Entry.

If this is the wrong forum please forgive me. Our global entry expires in November (automatic 1 year extension). Hopefully we will be overnighting in Atlanta in January (from Bonaire). We received notice that we could interview as we deplaned from international travel. We won't land until 745pm, will global entry office still be open? Needless to say I can find no info on their website! Thanks in advance. . Bill
I just went through this process 10 days ago in Denver after returning from Cozumel. As I was collecting my bags I asked the Immigration officer if or where I can do a interview on arrival---he just asked me if I was conditional approved which I was. He directed me back to a immigration kiosk where everyone else was going through immigration. The Immigration officer had radioed ahead to let them know I was coming. No line--he asked for my passport--took a new picture and said you're all done and you're good for another four years since my old one had expired 14 months ago but still worked lol. No interview at all and maybe five minutes and you keep your old number and I guess they send you a new card--hope this helps. PS--they also re-fingerprint you--all fingers both hands (except thumbs).

I renewed GE in September online. Just submitted the renewal online and was approved 2 or 3 days later(could see approval in my online account). Took about 3 more weeks to get my new card in the mail. Never had to leave my house to renew. Super easy

I had no changes, not sure if that was why mine was so fast.

I renewed GE in September online. Just submitted the renewal online and was approved 2 or 3 days later(could see approval in my online account). Took about 3 more weeks to get my new card in the mail. Never had to leave my house to renew. Super easy

I had no changes, not sure if that was why mine was so fast.
I renewed mine online also in September--no changes to my information. It took until February to receive a reply that I was conditionally approved and would need to have a interview to finish the process for renewal. But of course the sweet and sour sniffles had struck by then and no interviews to be had. But I finally did the interview on arrival and I've already received my new card which only took five days--go figure. I guess they pick and choose who has to interview and who doesn't.

I was one of the first GE users. Expired after 10 years. I had to go in person for an “interview” at Newark Airport. Took 10 minutes and a new picture. No online renewal option for me.

They reminded me endless times that I could have done it upon re-entry to the US on arrival but I’m not traveling now.

I renewed my global entry online yesterday and they flashed a message saying that given the backlog they were extending the grace period for a year, which implied to me that I wouldn't need an interview (assuming one was required to renew, and it may not be) for up to a year. I guess like you, I'll find out when I get back to the US in a few months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom