Gluing DUI Zip Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need to glue Atlas vinyl gloves to DUI Zip cuffs.

- what type of glue do you guys use? Would AquaSeal work?

- when using AquaSeal with Cotol to decrease curing time, do you mix the Cotol into the glue before use, or is it enough to just to clean the surfaces with Cotol?

- for size L or XL DUI zip gloves, what is the overall length from tip of index finger to the "far" edge of the "zipper"?

Thanks,

Henrik

Follow-up:

AquaSeal and Cotol seems to work very nicely when glueing Atlas gloves to DUI Zip rings.

I scuffed the cuff of the glove as well as the inside of the zip ring with some 150 grit sandpaper. I then cleaned the surfaces first with acetone (be careful, it actually removes material from both rings and gloves), and then gave it all a light rub with Cotol.

In order to speed up curing Cotol must be mixed into the AquaSeal, so I put a glob of AquaSeal on a piece of cardboard and mixed in a few drops of Cotol. Packaging says 1 part Cotol to 3 parts AquaSeal.

I smeared the glue on the inside of the Zip ring, and glued in the glove using a piece of 4" PVC pipe split length-wise to expand the glove into place and keep it clamped.

Worked like a charm and much easier to get everything into place than when working with contact cement.

Henrik

Back
Top Bottom