GLWC Fall M&G October 14-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bix man that is a bummer! Looking forward to hanging out with you and your wife once again.
Hope all is well, I will give you a call this week.
Tanks filled gear prep coming along and beverage purchases almost complete.

CamG

I'm looking forward to doing a deep side dive Saturday. Since I don't have dry gloves installed (yet) I'm thinking maybe 20 minutes at 120-130 feet?? Anyone??

I'm planning on doing a deep dive Fri, Sat and Sun. Most likely first dive of the day, probably with Denny as we'll both be in wet gloves! I've tried dry gloves and actually just don't much care for them. I've tried several times, and just can never get comfortable with the feel. Since I've given up tech/deco diving, it's not really an issue any longer. I'd like to get in 3 dives in the 100-120' range over the weekend, but they'll be sport dives within NDL, not deco dives.

Realized that I never chimmed in about what I'm bringing to share. I'm bringing several flavors of hummus from Trader Joes along with peta chips. It's one of my favorite snacks! Tasty and healthy both!

I'll also pitch in towards the fire wood fund of course. The evenings are going to be pretty chilly. We'll need lotsa wood!

I'm planning on doing a deep dive Fri, Sat and Sun. Most likely first dive of the day, probably with Denny as we'll both be in wet gloves! I've tried dry gloves and actually just don't much care for them. I've tried several times, and just can never get comfortable with the feel. Since I've given up tech/deco diving, it's not really an issue any longer. I'd like to get in 3 dives in the 100-120' range over the weekend, but they'll be sport dives within NDL, not deco dives.

Count me in!

Good thinking Jim on the firewood. I'm in for my share of that, too. You're right, we'll need a nice fire to ward off the cold.

Incidentally, we're 90% sure that we're camping Saturday. :)

Realized that I never chimmed in about what I'm bringing to share. I'm bringing several flavors of hummus from Trader Joes along with peta chips. It's one of my favorite snacks! Tasty and healthy both!

I'll also pitch in towards the fire wood fund of course. The evenings are going to be pretty chilly. We'll need lotsa wood!

Mike, do you want to hang a little longer for a deep dive Saturday? Say 20 or so minutes at 120? Not looking for a big deco dive because I might get too cold.

Does anyone have any idea as to what time for the Saturday deep dive?

Count me in!

Does anyone have any idea as to what time for the Saturday deep dive?

What time are you getting there again? Our deep dive will certain be before then. :mooner: :D

Im looking at doing on sunday. Im planning on testing out my new dry suit in the shallow end of the pond on saturday.

on a side note I have not dove a crushed neo in many years and don't remember how much weight I should add over my usual wet suit (xcel 6,7,8 mil with integrated hood). anyone want to suggest? I usually dive a halcyon bp/w with 10 in the pockets, 2 on the tank and 6 bc of the steel back plate so that is 18. When I dive with a AL40 stage I take off 5 pounds and when I dive with my canister I take another 5 lb off. this is all with an AL 80. For some reason I think I remember diving about 22-24 lb total does that sound about right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom