GLWC Fall Meet and Greet 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoneCrusher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Since we were unable to have the GLWC Spring Meet and Greet due to COVID-19, we wanted to make sure everyone is aware of the planned fall Meet and Greet.

This years fall event is October 2nd - 4th, 2020 @ Gilboa Quarry.

Typically we hold two yearly Meet and Greets for divers in the Great Lakes area to get together to talk diving and build buddy relationships to help encourage local diving.

We hold the event at Gilboa Quarry since we are able to camp and dive on site. It is typically a long weekend event.

Friday: Divers typically show up around noon and start diving. Friday evening (if good weather) we meet around the campfire and do some grilling. If bad weather, we make a run to the Red Pig in Ottawa.

Saturday: This is the big day for us. Its a day of diving, talking scuba, and having fun with friends. Around lunch time the group gets together for a pot luck (So bring a dish to pass). Saturday evening we all gather around the campfire for what typically is a very memorable experience.

Sunday: Divers typically get in a morning dive and we start cleaning up from the event.

This is a great event to meet other dive buddies and plan diving events throughout the year. Hope to see you there!

Great-Lakes-Wrecking-Crew-May-2-2015.jpg

Awww. You used a photo I was in!! Makes me happy. :) I love the GLWC and loved the M&Gs but unfortunately I will not be able to attend. The drive is just a tad bit too long these days for a 3-day weekend.

Awww. You used a photo I was in!! Makes me happy. :) I love the GLWC and loved the M&Gs but unfortunately I will not be able to attend. The drive is just a tad bit too long these days for a 3-day weekend.

Thats easy Jim... Just make it longer than a 3 day weekend. Problem solved. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom